Chapter Ten

{Flamestar’s P.O.V.}

        I had defeated Snowstar and climbed off of him. Although I had defeated Snowstar, I lost one life, while he lost two.

        “STOP” I yowled

        All of the cats in the clearing stopped fighting and stared at me. 

        “Scarletclan had done nothing to you, yet you killed our prey, our herbs, and our Medicine Cat Apprentice. Starclan does not approve of any of that. We came to convince you to go back to your morals. We fought today to stop the madness. Your leader thrived to kill me. It was a life or death situation. I didn’t want to hurt him, honest, but he left me no choice. It was me, or him. In this battle to the deaths I killed Snowstar, then he killed me, then I had to kill him once again. I knew that he had more than two lives left and he is in his den. I dragged him in there so he would wake up in a safe place. This was a pre note  of what’s to come if you don’t change you’re ways. This was your warning. Scarletclan lets leave.”

        "Sparktail is dead!” someone cried out

        “What happened to Foxfang.” Sparkpaw cried I realized that she was the same cat who cried out before

        I rushed over to see Sparktail with a large gash on his neck. Foxfang was laying nearby with her head on a rock. I grabbed her and put her on my back. If I couldn’t see her chest rising and falling I wouldn’t have thought that she was even alive. This is all my fault, I let her come and now her life could be ended at any moment. I was about to tell some of the lesser hurt warriors to take Sparktail’s body back to the camp when Sparkpaw walked up to me. 

        “Could…Could…Could I…umm…Take Sparktail…Back with me?” She asked. Sparktail was her mentor and they were really close.

        “Of course.” I knew how much this meant to her “Do you want any help?"

        “No, I think I’m ok.”

        I went through the entrance of their camp barring Foxfang carefully. Her blood was dripping onto me but I didn’t care, I let her come and now her life was in danger. Foxfang was breathing but I left their camp and walked back to the territory. I almost called out for Sparktail to lead us back home when I realized he was probably on his journey to Starclan. A single tear started to run down my cheek. I heard Sparktail’s voice saying

        “Don’t give up, keep Foxfang alive. My kits need someone to take care of them.”

        I felt a surge of courage and called Fiveclaw to lead. While I dropped to the back with Sparkpaw. Her eyes were filled with tears and they were also running down her face. I felt for her. Sparktail was my friend, he always listened to me. I felt like crying too. 

        “Hey, are you ok.” I asked

        “I…I don’t know? I miss him already, and everyplace I see seems to remind me of Sparktail. It felt as if we shared more than the first parts of our names. You…You probably wouldn't understand.” 

        "I do understand it is a bond that is rare and is very hard to find. I have found mine and I know that you will find a bond again some day. I know that you were close, and it will take some time to heal, but this too will pass.”

        We walked in silince. As we neared the camp a patrol came out and saw us. They looked pleased, until they saw that we were carring one who was dead, and one who could be soon. I had many people offer to take Foxfang from me, but I refused. I had gotten her into this mess and I would take her out of it. Sparkpaw was weak with fatigue and wounds. She had refused to let her mentor go. Sparkpaw was not able to carry Sparktail on her own anymore and her legs collapsed from under her. Two of the warriors from the patrol we met flanked her to help sustain her and Sparktail. I fell far behind and assumed that Sparkpaw had gotten back to the camp because I heard a wail of sorrow from Wolfkit, Badgerkit, and Turtlekit. Then I started to walk a little faster. I almost tripped on a root that had broken the surface of the ground. Then I saw Blazefur running towards me. His eyes were filled with fear. 

        “Flamestar! Are you ok? What happened to Foxfang? Do you know what happened to Sparktail?” 

        “I’ll talk to you later, but right now I need to get Foxfang to Spottedowl. Tell Spottedowl that I’m coming.”

        He ran off to the camp. I followed more slowly and saw that Sparktail was already in the middle of the clearing. With some of his kits nussled in his fur. Then one of the kits looked up at me. 

        “Noooo. Not mom too. Starclan no. No more, please. I don’t want to be all alone.” Wolfkit cried and ran out of the camp