𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙣

Alex was sitting in a table at Le Grand Paris with his dad and waved at Marinettes's parents who waved back

"They're Marinette's parents. You know, one of Roxy's chicks she hangs out with." Alex said and sighs when he said Roxy's name.

"Yes, I remember. They make the best bread in the whole of Paris." He said and noticed that his son was wearing some new sneakers. "Couldn't you have made more of an effort to dress nicely?" He asked his son and Alex looks at him with a frown.

"What do you mean? I took off my cap. Besides this sneaker were a gift from Roxy, I wanted to show them off." Alex said showing his dad the new sneakers.

"I knew it, that's why you were so happy after coming back from her house." His dad said with a smirk and Alex looks away in embarrassment as he remembers coming back with a happy look.

"But this is a special day." His dad said going back to the topic of clothing. "Well, it's only a birthday." Alex said with a shrug not making a big deal with his birthday.

"No, this is a special birthday." His dad said reaching inside his jacket pocket bringing out a watch. "This family heirloom was made by one of our ancestors many, many years ago. It's been passed down from one generation to the next, on their 15th birthday. And today, it's your turn to inherit it." He said and Alex frown not really happy with the watch, it looked boring to him.

"It's pretty sweet, dad. But I've already got a watch, synced up to my smartphone." Alex said showing his dad his watch.

"But sometimes there's more to things than meets the eye. Let's just say that our ancestor was... [ opens the watch ] Ahead of his time." His dad said and Alex gasps seeing a figure pop out holding a watch.

His dad closed the watch. "Of course, I'd understand if you'd rather me buy you a new pair of rollerblades." His dad said bringing the watch close to him.

"No, Dad! I'm stoked to have it. It's awesome, thank you!" Alex said after grabbing the watch in his hands with a smile. He looks down at his phone seeing Roxy calling him, making him pick it up looking at it. He hesitated and looks at his dad.

"Is Roxy waiting for you?" He asked Alex.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna bail on you. It's cool." Alex said but Mr. Kubdel saw how much he wanted to answer the phone. He could see how much his son liked Roxy ever since she moved in from U.S.A.

"No, no, go ahead." His dad said with a smile and Alex gets up with a smile, his dad grab his hands that was holding the watch. "Now, take good care of it."

Alex nods and takes off.

_________

Roxy looks down at her phone and smiles when she saw Alex text saying that he was on his way.

"I bet that Alex had run off, his late." Kim said as he stretch his arms and legs, Roxy stands in front of him with a smirk.

"Don't speak too soon Kim, you'll jinx it. Besides Alex never goes back on a challenge, specially from you." Roxy said and Kim scoffs.

"You picked the wrong side to cheer on. Looks like Alex isn't even showing up! Probably too chicken to race an extreme athlete like me." Kim said showing off his muscles with a confident look on his face.

"Spoke too soon, Kim." Alex said and Roxy turns around to see him arrive with his rollerblades. "Your ridiculous bets are over. I'm gonna leave you in the dust, meathead!" He said looking at Kim with a smirk.

"You're no match for me. My neck is bigger than your thigh." Kim said pointing to himself as they both get pushed to the side by Max as he told them the rules and directions.

Alex and Kim stand behind the white line and get ready to compete with Roxy counting down in the middle.

"On your marks, get set..." Roxy said looking at both boys with a smile and brought her hand down. "Hold up!" Alex said and Kim falls down to the ground making their friends laugh.

"Forfeiting already?" Kim said as Alex rolls toward Roxy handing her a watch. "Hold on to this for me, will you, Roxy? I don't wanna drop it during the race. Is very important to me." Alex said and Roxy nodded with a smile.

"Where did you get it?" She asked as they go back to their positions as Alex looks at her. "It's a family heirloom, got it this morning by dad." He said and Roxy nodded.

"Don't worry is safe with me." Roxy said.

"On your marks, get set... GO!" Roxy said bringing her free hand down as the race started. Roxy stands beside Adrien watching Alex race, she frowns when Chloe took a peak from her shoulder.

"What is that worthless thing?" Chloe asked as she graba the watch but Roxy holds it tightly in her hands. "Back off Chloe!" Roxy said as they both have a tug of war with the watch.

"Just let me see!" Chloe said and smirks letting go of the watch and Roxy, Roxy gasps as she falls on the racetrack. She grabs the watch in time before it hits the ground but screams when Alex roller blades crush her hand.

Alex didn't see what he had done because at that time he had his eyes close enjoying the acceleration but he turns around when he heard Roxy's pain scream and his friends shouts of shock.

"I call a rematch. That false start back there threw me off! Uh..." Kim said but stops when Alex skates towards Roxy in worry going on his knees.

Roxy cradle her injured hand to her chest with the broken watch on her, she felt tears running down her face when felt a lot of pain and blood seeping from her wound. She looks up to see Alex on his knees and takes her hand into his.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." Alex said apologizing as he touching her hand but retreats back when Roxy made a wince. "It was an accident, I know you didn't mean to hurt me. I just wanted to save the watch since it was important to you." Roxy said with a frown as Alex wipes her tears with his finger.

"But....but how did you fall down?" He asked confused and Roxy stayed quite because she didn't want him feeling angry at Chloe and get akumatized by Hawk moth.

"It was Chloe's fault! She wanted to grab the watch but Roxy didn't want to, so they both were having a tug of war and Chloe let her go on purpose." A random classmate said making Alex clench his fist in anger, he picks up Roxy bridal style.

"You're all to blame! Why didn't you guys help her instead of watching her." Alex said glaring at them as he skates away from them heading back to his house so that he could fix her hand.

_______[Hawk moth's lair]

"Such anger, frustration and negativity... but what is this? Revenge, for hurting someone they love so much, who am I to deny such vengeance." Hawk moth said with an evil smirk holding a butterfly in his hand and turns it into an akuma.

"Fly away, my little akuma, and evilize him!" Hawk moth commands watching as the butterfly goes to his victim.