Chapter 1: It's not True Love

A/N:
Welcome! Welcome! To my 2nd gruvia fan fiction! I hope you enjoy this new series!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juvia's POV:

"Miss it's time to wake up." The maid said quietly opening my door.

"Ok, thank you Levy." I yawned.

The life of a princess. It isn't what everyone thinks it's like.

Get up.
Lessons.
Lunch.
More lessons.
A short free time.
Dinner.
Entertain my family.
Go to sleep.
And repeat.

It isn't exciting at all. The stories they tell you about being a princess are lies. Guards have to be around you 24/7!! I mean no privacy what's so ever!

I have a personal servant. Levy Mcgarden. She is the closest friend I have.

I got out of bed and walked over to my closet.

What to wear today?

I know I have a big closest but there are too many fancy dresses. I like the simple things. My parents don't understand that I don't want a big extravagant life.

I decide on an ocean blue dress that has straps and goes to me knees. Very plain but it's my favorite dress because the fabric looks like flowing water.

I put on plain black ballerina flats. I go over to my makeup stand and look at myself in the mirror. My ocean blue hair flows down.

"Hmmm maybe Juvia shouldn't change her hair today." I say to myself.

I usually put my hair in stiff curls but maybe I should change it.

I give my hair a light brush and put on light makeup with a little bit of lipgloss.

I know my parents wouldn't like it but, I like to bend the rules once in awhile.

I walk out of my room and walked to the dining hall on the first floor. I see my mother and father sitting at the dining table with 2 mysterious men.

I slowly walk to my seat hoping not to get noticed. I somehow trip and as I fall I am suddenly caught.

"Are you alright miss?" A voice asks.

His voice is slow and my heart skips a beat. Wait no I can't. Not for him.

"T-Thank you..." I slowly say as I was recollecting myself.

"Lyon. Price Lyon Vastia." Lyon bows.

"Princess Juvia Lockser." I curtsey.

I sit in my seat. Why is a prince here? Maybe that other man is his father.

"Your just in time my dear Juvia." Father laughed.

"You should have worn something more.....elegant. I thought I told Levy to make sure you dressed more appropriate when we have guest." Mother said.

Don't get the wrong idea. My mother isn't a bad woman. She just wants me to have more grace.

"Where is Gajeel father?" I ask.

"Business trip. I told you that your brother is going to be out more being that he is going to be the next heir to the throne." Father exclaimed.

"Ahem." Lyons father coughed out.

(I won't tell you the fathers name yet it's a secret :3)

"Oh right. Sorry, I'm getting off track." Father laughed.

"Juvia dear, you know we love you and want the best for you right?" Mother gestured.

"Yes, Juvia knows that. But, what does that have to do with anything?" I ask.

"Lemme cut to the chase. Juvia your going to marry Lyon." Father said.

WHAT!?!? I can't!!

This isn't true love.

How can I marry someone I don't know or even love!!!

"When was this arranged." I tried to hide my anger.

"A couple days ago. Lyon is going to be king soon for his fathers kingdom. Gajeel is going to run this kingdom. Lyon needs a wife and it would be best if both empires collied with each other. We were trying to find a way to collaborate and when Gajeel runs this kingdom I realized that you don't have anything to run. So it would be for the best if you marry Lyon." Father explained.

"So, when is this marriage?" I managed to speak out.

"In about 3 months it would give you enough time to get to know Lyon." Mother budded in.

I feel tears well up inside. I stand up slowly.

"I-I-I can't." I cried running out of the dining hall and going into my room.

I can't marry him. I just can't!!!

What will I tell Gray?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I got inspiration to do this book by another book I'm reading called the selection.

I recommend it. Anyways who is Lyons father? Also, if you haven't read my other stories you should know that I love to give cliffhangers.

Comment and vote ^-^