Chapter 8: Freeing Alya

Alya POV

I stood on top of the building and stared down at the night city of Paris with a smirk on my face. Hawk Moth tasked Lady Misfortune, Chat Noir and I to find the remaining members of The Outlaws as well as their allies. Arranging  a fake hostage situation via Mirage was the perfect cover up for an ambush. Those fools will fall into our trap.

"Let the girl go, Rena Rouge." Blue Archer's voice called out from behind me. I turned around and scoffed.

"You're going to threaten me with a Stone Age weapon?" I asked.

"This is coming from the person whose superpowers come from jewellery. " Alex retorted. 

"Hey, that includes us too, Alex!" Zoe pouted.

"Oh. Right." Alex said sheepishly.

"Alya. Please. Release Manon." Nino said.

"Give yourselves up and I will." I replied as I dangled  Manon over the edge.

"Wait. Manon is at home." Manon's mother called out. My eyes widened as Alex threw his boomerang at the illusion, turning it into red smoke. 

"An illusion!?" Luka gasped.

"NOW!" I shouted as we surrounded the vigilantes. Misfortune twirled her yo-yo with a smirk. Chat Blanc smiled as he pulled out his staff. 

"You're surrounded. What will you do?" Black Tigress asked as she twirled her bolas.

"We fight back." Nino said as he pulled out his tonfas. The rest nodded and unsheathed their weapons and darted towards us. 

Nino swiped his tonfa at me. I dodged and cracked my whip at his head. He ducked and swept me of my feet. I crashed onto the ground. My whip clattered out of my hand.

"Alya. Please. I know you're in there. I don't want to hurt you." He pleaded.

"Makes one of us, Turtle Boy." I replied and jabbed my spear at him. He blocked it with his tonfa and broke the shaft. I stepped back, shocked. 

"Babe. I know that this isn't you. Fight it." He said.

His words rang in my head as my body stiffened. I clutched my head in pain as I fought for control for my body. 

The microchip in my neck. I picked up the broken shaft of my spear and used it to pry the chip from my nape. Pain sheared in my neck as I plunged the blade deeper into my nape.

Eventually,  I removed the chip from my neck and crushed it, along with the akuma. My outfit colour changed from red and black to orange and white. 

"N-Nino. I-" I began only to be pulled into his embrace.

"I thought I lost you." He sobbed. I smiled and returned the hug..

"Not by a long shot." I relied with a smirk before I eventually passed out.

Hawkmoth POV

"NO! IT CANNOT BE!" I roared and kicked the wall in rage.

"How did she regain control of her body?" Tiana gasped.

"It doesn't matter. AKUMAS. RETREAT FOR NOW. I HAVE A BETTER PLAN!" I commanded as I summoned another dozen of akumas.

"This shall keep them busy." I said with a smirk.