Chapter Four

YN bent over to catch her breath, wincing as the knife wound in her shoulder ached.

"You good?" Matthew said, walking up next to her, face now uncovered.

"Never better." YN grunted, finally standing up straight. "Glad to see you've come out unscathed." She muttered, raising an eyebrow.

Matthew laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "Your punishment for being late." YN chuckled, walking next to him as they exited the warehouse, leaving behind three barrels of gasoline. "You doing the honors?" YN went to respond when her phone buzzed, making her roll her eyes.

A bomb hidden in a news van... Ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect... who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes... the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent... linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations.

YN stared at the screen, her heart pounding against her ribcage. "You go ahead, I've got to get to Vienna."

"Vienna, why?" YN gave Matthew a guilty smile, knowing he couldn't see it but also knowing he'd get the memo. "Right, need to know. And I don't need to know." YN smiled, nodding her head.

"Sorry, Murdock, Avengers business." Matthew nodded, pulling his glasses onto his face.

"Go, before I tell Foggy you'll go on a date with him." YN ran to her car, quickly starting it and slamming it into drive. Her phone rang through her car, startling the woman slightly.

"Hello?" She said, swerving around a corner.

"YN? It's Steve." YN sighed in relief.

"God, I was worried about you." She muttered, slowing her pace. "What happened?"

"They say it was Bucky..." YN bit her lip, pressing harder on the accelerator.

"I heard... Are you heading to Vienna?" Steve sighed through the phone, YN holding her breath for his response.

"Yeah... you coming?" YN smiled, chuckling under her breath.

"Meet you at the airport."

---------------------------------

"I'm coming in with you, Steve." YN said, grabbing Steve's elbow.

"No way, you don't know what he's capable of, YN." Steve shook his head.

"You don't know what I'm capable of if you think I'd let you go in there alone." Steve groaned rubbing his eyes.

"Okay, but let me do the talking." YN nodded, looking to the sky as Sam flew onto the roof. They entered the building, racing up the stairs and barreling into the room rumored to be occupied by James Barnes. YN looked around, eyeing the dusty furniture and unpacked bags. She raised an eyebrow at the mattress on the floor, shaking her head.

"Heads up, guys. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam notified.

"Understood." YN responded, lifting her finger to her ear. The hairs on the back of her neck raised, making YN spin to the door. She held her breath as she made eye contact with the Winter Soldier.

"You know me?" Steve asked, stepping in front of YN. The man eyes YN curiously, his gaze zeroing in on her left eye, making her bite her tongue.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." YN clenched her fists, not removing her stare.

"They've set the perimeter." YN blew out a breath, leaning over to glance out the window.

"I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." The brunette man licked his lips nervously, flicking his gaze between the two Avengers.