Chapter Six

"Someone get me eyes on Barnes!" Tony shouted. "Come on, F.R.I.D.A.Y, show me the source of that outage."

"Sub-level five, East Wing." Steve nodded, barreling out of the room with Sam.

"What the hell is this?" James asked, glaring at the man in front of him.

"Why don't we discuss your home? Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean your real home." YN struggled harder at the threat in the man's voice, shouting out as the chains bit into her skin, bringing blood to the surface. "Longing."

"No." Bucky growled, making YN still, realizing what was happening.

"Rusted."

"Stop." YN whimpered, fear creeping up her throat as she sat their vulnerable.

"Seventeen."

"Stop."

"Daybreak." YN listened as James screamed, flinching at the loud crash as he broke his restraints, standing to his feet in the glass cage. "Furnace." Grunts echoed through the room as James punched the glass, each hit making YN flinch in fear. "Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car." YN stilled as the glass wall came crashing down, her bloodied hands curling into fists.

"Barnes?" She whispered, all of her hairs standing on edge.

"Soldier?" The man said, YN's jaw shaking in response.

"Ready to comply." James returned in Russian, his tone making YN whimper lowly.

YN sat still and silent as the two conversed in Russian, the woman not making a noise, trying to remain unnoticed. "Kill her. You have your orders." YN whimpered as she listened to the Winter Soldier stay silent for a few minutes. "Now, Soldat." She felt him walk toward her, his heavy footsteps echoing in her chest.

"Please-" YN gasped as a tight fist curled around her throat lifting her from her chair and instantly snapping the chains from the ground. YN struggled, bringing her hands up to wrap around the metal arm.

"Go!" The man called, startling the Winter Soldier into dropping YN to the ground where she choked on her breath. "They're coming." YN continued to choke as she heard two steps of footsteps rush in. "Help! Help me." She heard him gasp, causing her to groan.

"Get up. Who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall." Finally catching her breath, YN lifted her eyes to tear off the contraption on her face, blinking as she adjusted to the light.

"YN?" YN nodded at Steve, lifting her hand to gingerly touch the bruises that were already forming.

"He's still-" YN didn't get to finish her sentence as Sam was hurtled across the room, Steve racing over to fight the Winter Soldier. YN stumbled to her feet, leaning against a pillar to wait for the dizziness to pass. When she reopened her eyes, Steve and the Winter Soldier had gone, making YN panic. "Sam, get up! We gotta go!"

YN ran out of the room, ignoring the searing pain in her neck as she entered into a light room. She looked over to see James fighting a group of agents.

"YN?" YN looked up and met concerned brown eyes, Tony gearing up to approach the fight. "Are you alright? God, look at your neck."

"Tony, don't go out there. He's too strong." Tony scoffed, opening his watch and unrolling an iron fist. YN frowned, shocked at his new technology.

"Just because I didn't have my apprentice, doesn't mean work stopped, Sparky." YN's face slacked at Tony's words, unable to respond as the older man stepped out of their cover and fired a sound blast at James. The Winter Soldier stumbled back but quickly recovered, trying to advance on Tony again before Tony fired another shot at him.

Pissed off, James hurled an arm at him, Tony ducking out of the way and avoiding possibly fatal hits. Swinging a gun at Tony, he fired, making YN flinch. Luckily Tony had covered the barrel with his fist, blocking the blow. James growled, fighting Tony again before finally throwing him down.

YN stepped out, trying to calm her breath. "Hey!" The Winter Soldier turned to her, but didn't approach making YN frown. "Well, come on?" James stood still, his eyes flicking between YN's. "What the-" YN's eyes widened as a blonde woman approached. "Hey, no!"

The Winter Soldier turned, fighting off his new attacker. YN growled, clenching her teeth as she tried to get a clear lock on him. Natasha approached but YN shook her head, waiting for the woman to be eventually thrown off.

As soon as it happened, YN smirked. "Go time." YN locked onto the Winter Soldier, watching him buckle at the knees and shout out. YN stalked closer, and the closer she got the more she intensified it. As she got close, YN clenched her fists and slowed.

"YN, be careful." Tony muttered, groaning from his position on the ground. Just as he did so, James shot a metal arm out, hooking it around YN's abdomen and throwing her across the room. The woman hit a wall with a loud bang, her head snapping back. "Fuck, YN!" Tony shouted, trying to get to his feet.

YN groaned, propping herself up and watching James ascend the stairs. "I'm okay." She whimpered, her head struggling to stay up. Looking over to the entrance, Steve burst in, searching the room for James. "The roof!" YN called out weakly, nodding her head at him to go.

Stumbling to her feet, YN sucked in a rough breath. She startled as someone grabbed her elbow. She looked over to see Sam helping her up. "We gotta go." YN nodded, walking quickly beside Sam as the two rushed out of the building, using the mayhem as a guise. "What was that? What happened?"

"I don't know. Some guy came in, said he was with the UN. He started asking James about what he'd seen, said he was interested in a specific date." YN muttered as they sprinted outside, climbing into a car.

"Did he say which one?" YN stared at Sam as he started to hot wire the vehicle quickly.

"They were speaking Russian!" YN shouted, waving her hands about.

"Well, shit. Sorry!" Sam retorted, slamming the car into drive.

"Where the fuck are we going anyway?" YN muttered.

"Rendezvous point." YN chuckled. "What?"

"Should've known. Steve is the Star-Spangled Man with a plan." Sam raised an unamused brow. "That was funnier in my head."

"Yeah." Sam said, smirking slightly.