~18~

Gaara searched for Sakura's chakra again, his eyes darting over his surroundings for any sign of her. He realized with horror that someone had taken her from the mortal realm. The One rocketed back to Sakura's home, his speed increasing with every stride. Naruto and Sasuke rushed out to meet him when he arrived. Their serious expressions told Gaara they understood the severity of the situation.

"Sakura," Sasuke stated.

"Yes. Obito has kidnapped her."

"What?!" Naruto yelled while clenching his fists. His cerulean orbs flashed with anger. "Where did he take her?!"

"I don't know." Gaara crossed his arms over his chest. "However, she is no longer in the human realm."

"Do you think he took her to the realm of the Ones?!" Naruto demanded.

He walked up to Gaara and shook his shoulders. "Spit it out Gaara! She's in danger!"

That last sentence hit him like a ton of bricks. Sakura could be in danger, but they needed a plan. If they ran in high on emotions, Obito would pick them off like flies. Naruto stopped shaking Gaara and stepped back.

"Well?!"

"Obito has taken Sakura to his domain located far east within the celestial realm."

The three men turned to see Madara. Gaara, Naruto, and Sasuke couldn't detect his presence despite his close vicinity. His red gaze bore into them with immense, unmatched power.

"Madara, you must take us to Obito's domain."

"Madara Uchiha?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes, I am Madara Uchiha, creator of the Uchiha clan."

Omnipotence echoed in Madara's voice, but it didn't faze the younger Uchiha. Sasuke jogged toward him. Despite Madara founding the Uchiha and radiating a god-like aura, Sasuke showed no wonder or respect. His dark gaze remained on Madara and the older Uchiha held it.

"How did Obito escape me?"

Madara also crossed his arms over his chest.

"When you used Amaterasu, Obito used Kamui, a space-time ninjutsu that allows him to go to another dimension combined with substitution jutsu."

Sasuke's face darkened, his pride nicked from his blunder. The amused smirk on Madara's face increased his annoyance, and he drew his sword.

"It is your fault for not paying attention." Gaara crossed his arms over his chest. "Stop this foolishness. What sense does it make to die now, never having fixed your mistake?"

"I make no mistakes." The brunette still slid his sword back in its hilt. "This was a miscalculation."

"Isn't that a mistake?" Naruto questioned, scratching his head.

"Sakura is the concern, not Sasuke," Gaara reminded Naruto while giving him a stern look.

Madara locked eyes with Gaara.

"It is irresponsible to run into Obito's trap over a mere mortal."

Gaara's eyes darkened. "I will not abandon her even if it means Obito wins."

Madara remained silent. He pictured her face. Cascading curly black hair, dark eyes that matched his, and tanned skin. He could see the dimples in her cheeks when she flashed him her bright smile. Her laughter rang in his ears like a gentle melody and a strange sensation filled his being. He had been in the same predicament as Gaara many eons ago only he could not save Kaira, his daughter. He suffered after her death, creating the Jinchuriki and planning to use them to wipe out the entire filthy human race for their grave mistake. One person deterred him from his rage, but they hadn't spoken in over a century.