~15~

I've noticed no one else can sense him," Sasuke answered. "His power is usual and monstrous."

Sasuke knowing he existed shocked Sakura. Her heart sped up, and she quieted it a second later, something that would not go unnoticed by Sasuke. What should she do? Would he alert the Hokage of Gaara's presence? If so, would she believe it or would she force Sakura to tell the truth? As Hokage, Sakura understood that Gaara's questionable status may be a threat to the village. Sakura knew Gaara wasn't... at least when he remained calm. If he lost control, would he endanger the village? Sasuke's ebony orbs pierced through her while he waited for an answer. Sakura shifted her weight while racking her brain for a solution. Sakura paused when Gaara's presence appeared behind her.

"He's here," Sasuke murmured.

The male attempted to brush past Sakura again, but she hooked an arm around his neck and forced him back outside. She raised a finger and her eyebrows furrowed. "I told you I didn't invit you into my house so don't push past me Sasuke."

"Sakura, either you tell me who this man is and what he's doing in the village or I will bring this to the Hokage."

"Allow him in Sakura," came Gaara's voice.

Sasuke brushed past Sakura and inside without waiting for her response. That was the last straw. She refused to accept his horrible attitude. She raised her fists and channeled chakra into it.

"Are you out of your fucking-"

"No Sakura, let it go."

Her temper was still boiling, but she put her fist down. Sasuke gave her an amused smirk. Sakura moved two inches from his face. "Try something stupid again and I'll knock your head off."

"You know your miniscule power is no match for mine, Sakura."

She had gotten much stronger, and she could avoid genjutsu from the Sharingan thanks to training with Kakashi. She may still have difficulty facing an Uchiha, but she would not go down without a fight. The fuming pinkette grasped the front of his white shirt. Sasuke's hand closed over her fingers. He moved his forehead, so it was touching hers. Sakura had just about had it. Just as she was about to punch his stupid, smug face, Gaara yanked her from Sasuke and caught her in a warm embrace. She turned her eyes upward to see Gaara's gaze locked on Sasuke. The power inside him fluttered as he held her close to his muscled chest.

"Do not touch her," he ordered. "Or I will end your existence."

"You can try," Sasuke responded.

"What do you want with me?" Gaara questioned.

Sasuke removed his left hand from the hilt of his katana. "Tell me what you are and why no one else in the village seems to be aware of your presence."

Gaara gazed at this child. This little brat was questioning him with such a cocky attitude, Gaara wanted to splatter his blood all over the floor. His attitude toward Sakura made the Shukaku shake at its mental cage. Sakura belonged to him and this boy sat glaring at her, oblivious to the imminent death his actions would cause. Was this the person Madara warned him of? The person after him and Sakura. The One remembered hearing her call him "Sasuke", but he must know Obito. He could sense Gaara when no one should be able to but other Ones and Sakura.

"Tell me Who is Obito Uchiha?"

"Answer my question first," came Sasuke's reply.

Gaara paused. He stole a glance at Sakura, her hands still fisted in his shirt. A curious expression graced her features. He realized he needed to reveal himself. If he didn't find Obito Uchiha, he would find Gaara first, and he wouldn't put Sakura's life in danger. She now meant something to him. The thought of her dying tore at him.