~11~

They figured Sasuke could tell them Orochimaru's whereabouts, but he couldn't. Inoichi searched his mind and proved it. Orochimaru destroyed his previous hideouts after leaving to better hide his trail. After using Orochimaru for his power, Sasuke left to find his brother. Sasuke claimed Orochimaru didn't object to his departure, but that may be because Sasuke's power overshadowed his.

"Hey!"

"Ouch, you brat!" Sakura shouted when she felt the sharp pinch on her arm.

Ino stuck her tongue out at her. "What's got you spacing out? You could at least pretend to listen!"

At that moment, a young girl brought their food to them. Her hands were shaking as she set Ino's tea in front of her and Sakura's orange juice. She put the plates down as fast as she could, stuttered her thanks while pushing up her glasses and scuttled away.

"She was nervous," Ino mused, picking up a slice of her grapefruit.

Sakura looked over at what Ino had chosen for her meal: a grapefruit, grilled fish, and a bowl of white rice. Then she gazed at what she had gotten which included tempura shrimp, miso soup, two rolls of sushi, and a bowl of green tea ice cream. She felt bad at first, at least until she bit into the succulent shrimp.

"And you call me the Pig," Ino smiled when Sakura growled at her. Taking a bite of her egg whites, she asked, "So when are you going to tell me what happened on your mission?"

"That's none of your business," Sakura grumbled. She picked up her toast and took a healthy bite, not envying Ino's bland toast in the slightest.

Sakura looked at the expression on her friend's face and she realized the question wasn't a question. There was something Ino already knew. Sakura heart picked up. Did she know something about Gaara?

"I hear the guy you brought back is handsome," Ino spoke.

Sakura frowned. Didn't she have enough suitors as it was to not go after their prisoners?

"He's gay," Sakura answered. He seemed a little flamboyant in her opinion.

Ino laughed. "Oh well, lost cause then."

"You're a lost cause-"

Sakura's words caught in her throat when she spotted Gaara leaning against a tree about two hundred feet away. Her heart sped up when he locked eyes with her.

"What? What are you looking at?"

Ino turned and frowned. "You're such a weirdo! There is nothing over there."

"I thought I saw something, but I guess not."

That was close. Had anyone else seen him? Gaara couldn't just show up anywhere. She knew when she went up to Hokage Tower, the One would most likely follow her there. There is where she would rip into him for his carelessness. Sakura wanted to talk to Ino about the whole Gaara situation, but that wasn't wise. Ino was the biggest blabbermouth and that was something she did not want spread throughout the entire village. Or worse, the blonde would want to meet Gaara. That encounter would end in disaster. Gaara was far too honest and Ino did not take insults well. Sakura finished her breakfast, left money on the table, and excused herself from Ino's presence.

"We have spotted him. He's following a girl named Sakura Haruno from the Leaf Village."

The being stood from his place in the universe, watching the display before him. Next, they had to located the One of Determination, the main being he was after. He was in the Leaf Village and with Gaara there, he would surface. All the plans were being set in motion and soon, he would collect every single one of the Tailed Beasts. With that, he turned away to plan his next move.

Sakura finished running all her errands like getting food and cleaning up her place. Unsure what to do next, Sakura headed towards the hospital. Sakura knew she'd get to help someone. She walked through the double doors into the chaos. One of their newer nurses helped push a patient on a gurney into surgery. Her hands were shaking as she tried to hold pressure on a gushing wound. Sakura caught up and placed her hand over the other nurse's.

"Try mending the artery with your chakra to slow the bleeding, then hold pressure."

She gave a grateful smile and followed Sakura's advice. Within a few seconds, her smile brightened as the bleeding slowed. "Thank you, Miss Sakura!"

"I told you to stop calling me Miss!" Sakura hollered after her.

Sakura felt a grin spread across her face as she watched them head towards surgery. She loved the medical field. There was something about healing a fatal injury. You meant everything to them while trying to save their lives and sometimes, it was the medic's expertise whether they lived or died.

"Sakura! Please help with this patient! He's gone into cardiac arrest!"

The medic sprinted toward the voice and grabbed a bag-valve mask off the gurney.

Sakura left the hospital around five sighed with consent. Her patients today cured her boredom. She helped revive a man in cardiac arrest, treated a broken pelvis, help heal a head injury, and delivered a healthy baby girl to a mother who didn't know she was pregnant. Sakura had a difficult time holding in laughter at the woman's shocked expression. Women who knew they were pregnant had nine months to prepare. Imagine having thirty minutes. She handled herself well after getting past the initial shock.

Sakura traveled to Hokage Mountain. It took about five minutes before she enjoyed the beautiful view of Konoha. The sun was setting and a gentle breeze whipped around her. She laid down and gazed at the sky. The only sounds she heard were that of nature: the wind, birds chirping in the distance, and the rustle of the green leaves.

Sakura turned her head a little. "Come on out Gaara."

The redhead moved from his spot behind a tree and stood next to her. He didn't speak, cyan eyes like vortexes ready to swallow her. Sakura locked eyes with the powerful being. Despite that he could crush her into dust, she felt no fear. She sensed no malice toward; however, it festered within him. her. She wondered what happened to him. He was the One of Hatred, but she couldn't remember the story behind him. It was crazy; here was someone in written books as a myth standing before her. It was so overwhelming and if she hadn't tried to wake herself up from the dream she thought she was in, Sakura wouldn't believe it herself.

Her eyes moved over his features: silky hair the same color as blood, smooth pale skin, bright colored eyes, and thin lips. Dark circles lined his eyes, making her believe he didn't sleep, just like he said. Sakura's curious gaze confused Gaara. She wasn't looking at him like he was a monster or with hate.

Gaara broke their eye contact and turned to face the view. "What did you call me for?"

Sakura snapped out of her trance, cleared her throat, and stood up. She put on her best pissed off face and placed her hands on her slender hips. "What the hell were you doing in town?! Someone could have seen you!"

"I was careful to hide my presence," he answered. "I must know your location at all times."