Meeting the parents

Me and Burnie are now sat in Café Rouge, waiting for her parents

I can't stop bobbing my leg up and down. I'm anxious, to say the least, I've never met a partners parents. Help me.

"Hello." A women greets, sliding of her coat and sitting down. Her husband, I'm guessing to be Bernie's Dad, sits down next to her. "Lovely to meet you... uh, Brielle?" Her dad says.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr & Mrs Cane." I smile sweetly.

"So feels us in on the deets." Mrs Cane says, leaning in closer and resting her hand on Mr Canes thigh. "Oh and darling, please call me Julia."

"Okay, Julia." I nod.

She smiles back.

—————————

After a long, painful, boring dinner. I have come to the conclusion that I don't love Bernie.

If I did I would've loved hearing all the embarrassing baby story's but I didn't. I hated every, single second of it.

Don't get me wrong, Bernie's folks were lovely. I just wasn't enjoying myself, at all. Maybe if I loved her, I would've.

And she was so cool with the fact that I had a kiss with Ron. Who's that cool?

A bit fishy if you ask me. I won't bug her about it though, I mean I'm the one in the wrong. I guess I should be pleased, but maybe I wanted her to break up with me. Ugh, i don't know.

—————————

The weekend

I can't wait, Im on the train at the moment, on my way to my Mums house.

And dare I say it, I'm a little excited to see my brothers and sister.

I've only been at the school for a few years now, it hasn't been completely easy, but I've found myslef some good friends. Dionne, Cas and Joey are amazing and I'm constantly laughing when we're together. I've got a girlfriend as well, that's good I guess. I'm pretty sure I'm friends with a girl in my music class, I mean I think I am. I don't really know though.

After about 45 minutes on the train and a 10 minute walk to my house. I find myself stood in front of the house where I grew up.

I walk up the three steps then ring the doorbell which plays jingle bells, what the hell. It hasn't even been Halloween yet.

My mum opens the door with a huge smile on her face, "hello my darling." She engulfs me in a tight hug, not leaving much room for any oxygen.

"Hi mum." I kiss her on the cheek then back up, she takes my bag of my back and gestures for me to come inside.

"Briiiii!" A now 9 year old Genevive says, hugging my leg. I bend down, "hi Genny." I smile.

"Missed you so much my dear sister." Reece walks down the stairs, he's now 17. Wow those 3 years went fast, all my siblings are born in the second years of their school years, so that's why they've only got 2 years older.