Shopping

As the sun comes up, I'm still hungover from last night

After me and Will shared a kiss, I headed straight to the dance floor and drunk my whole body weight of booze. Which felt like the right decision but the aftermath is definitely not worth the pleasure.

The party wasn't anything out of the usual but the truth is, something with Bernie was off. She kept looking at that girl - I think her name was Xena - and they even danced together.

I asked her if they knew each other and she just shrugged me off.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, I mean I am a hypocrite none the less.

"Babeeeee." Dionne stumbles into my room and flops on the bed beside me. Her hair covers her eyes and her mouth is wide open.

A small chuckle leaves my lips but I'm just as exhausted as her so she doesn't get any words out of me.

"I'm tireeed" she moans.

My head is still compressed into the cushion and my eyes are sealed shut, "same." I say, but it comes out muffled.

"Let's skip lessons." She suggests.

I nod, even though her eyes are shut and her heads in line with my knees.

"We kind of have to, I don't think I can move."

She offers a half-hearted laugh, "we need to make the most of our day off."

I snort into the pillow, "number 1 - were meant to be a school. Number 2 - were only taking the day off because of our hangovers."

She lets out puff, "blah blah blah... let's go shopping!"

"No."

Even though I can't see much of Dionne, her blonde hair is in view and I see her head Bob up as I decline her offer.

"Whaaaaat?" She moans, dragging out each letter.

"No."

She lets out a sigh of confusion, "what do you mean no?"

I roll of my side and onto my back, untwining my fingers and resting them on my stomach. "I mean no, Dio."

"But why?" She kicks her legs against the soft mattress.

"I'm fucking hungover bitch, what does it look like?"

She springs into a sat up position, "I'm not taking no for an answer." And then she grips onto my wrists and pulls me up. I try to kick her but it doesn't work, there's absolutely no muscle on me.

"We. Are. Going. Shopping." She says, her tone suggesting there's no room for argument.

I breath out causing a strand of curly hair to fly up.

"Now I'm going to go get dressed, and you're going to do the same, capiche?"

I dolly my eyes in response and she seems to accept that as an answer and she skips out of the room.

I won't lie, she was struggling to walk in a straight line only minutes ago now she's forcing me to shop.

The girls crazy.

—————————————————————————

"What about this?" This is probably the 12th time Dionne has shown me a dress in the same exact shop.

We're currently shopping for dresses to a charity dance our school is holding.

I put a finger to my lip, "hmm, I like."

She gives me a twirl and I clap, "yes bitch!"

She giggles before disappearing back into the small space. Trying in the millionth dress of the afternoon.

I wander off, running a hand across the rack of beautiful, exuberant dresses.

I stop in my tracks as the bell above the door rings, signalling someone new has entered the shop or left.

As any other person would do, I can't help but let my eyes trail towards the door.

There's three guys, a bru-

Oh shit it's Joey, Cas and Will.

Cas spots me first and comes rushing over, "hey sexy lady."

I chuckle, "hey bitch boy."

"What are you doing here?" Cas asks, eyes dancing between me and Dionne.

Dionne's eyes light up, "we're shopping for dresses for the dance!"

I chuckle at Dionne getting so excited about shopping. "What about you guys?"

Joey laughs and Cas snorts, Will rolls his eyes. "We're trying to get this guy a suit. Put he's really digging his heels in, aren't ya, lad?"

Will shives Cas, "fuck off, loser." Earning a laugh from everyone.

I bite down on my lip, determine not to smile and give Will any satisfaction.

I try to listen to the conversation, but I can feel his eyes on me.

I feel naked. Exposed.

The kiss from last night resurfaces in my brain, not that it ever left.

I shouldn't be feeling like this... I have a girlfriend. This is so wrong. I'm going to break up with her tomorrow.