#15: Butterflies

Barcelona

The exorcist were distributed to the different corner of the walled city. They used their golems to communicate.

We'll be finishing this until morning.

We'll meet under the huge building in the middle.

Missy, just scream my name if you are in need of help.

Eleanor walked alone on a valley.

Just scream my name and I'll be running towards you.

The lady shook her head and met a man wearing a suit. "Mister. You shouldn't be walking around openly. Stay inside the buildings. An attack is currently...", Eleanor stopped when she saw him just eating the apples he piled on his hat. "Do you want some?", Tykki offered. Eleanor used her eyes to detect if he is a demon. He threw one and she was able to catch it. She drew her innocence and attacked Tykki. "Oh my. I thought I could escape my way through this. You're sharp aren't you", Tykki chuckled and his skin turned grey. Eleanor was about to use her golem but Tykki ordered a butterfly shaped flesh eating monster to devour it.

Eleanor threw some dust making a low visibility. Tykki faced right and caught the lady's leg. He threw her to the building but she was able to land on two feet making the wall as her springboard to bounce back. She activated her innocence and was able to scratch Tykki's face. "Oops! That's enough of playing. Don't make me turned to the dark version of myself", he wiped his face. "Young girl, what's your name?", Tykki was curious how someone her age can have a good command of her body. "I have no intention of giving my name to an enemy", Eleanor was about to launch another attack but Tykki disappeared all of a sudden. She reacted late and was knocked off by Tykki. He caught the lady in his arm and her snow white locks flowed in the Noah's arm. "Its a waste that you have to die like this", Tykki inserted tease inside her chest. He new her innocence was parasitic. Tease will be looking for it inside and will eventually destroy it.

He lets go of Eleanor and she fell on the ground. Before taking another step, a hand grabbed his foot. "I'm not done yet", she tried to get up but Tykki stepped on her back. "Just die an easy death", the Noah sighed. "Someone like me doesn't deserve an easy death. No, I don't even deserve to die", Eleanor's consciousness is slowly fading. 

Flashback

Wales- Palace

Lavi carried books to be read by the Bookman at the garden. His eyes widened to see Eleanor wimping while being escorted by some soldiers. "Missy", Lavi looked away. Lavi knew that she must have seen the tragedy of way. She wasn't just a speculator like him but an active participant of the war. Eleanor missed a step and fell on the ground. The soldiers wanted to help her but they hesitated. It will be hurting Eleanor's ego. Lavi left the book on the floor and ran to assist Eleanor. 

"Red-head", Eleanor looked at his hair and felt sick on her stomach. Lavi carried her in his arms. He's almost the same height as the adult soldiers behind Eleanor. "I will be bringing her in her room", Lavi informed. The soldiers gave their salute then left. While in the lad's arms, Eleanor covered her eyes. She's gritting her teeth. "It's more painful to hold it inside. Its just me. I will not tell anyone", Lavi assured. Eleanor grabbed on his shirt and cried silently. She wasn't able to save Frion, a treasured friend that she has. Eleanor knew that Frion was competing to be squad leader because he doesn't want Eleanor to be in the front line. 

Few Days After,

Library

Eleanor still needs to learn about diplomatic matters. One day, she might be the one who will take over her house. She needs to fulfill two roles at the same time. Studying had always been something that she disliked. If she only knew that her hands would tremble for straight three days, she could have just chosen to read books and write letters. 

A hand dropped on her shoulder. "Bookman", Eleanor turned to see the old man with a gentle smile. "Welcome", Bookman greeted. Eleanor gulped and pinched her leg in order not to cry. "You're reading about taxes", Bookman looked at the book. The lady nodded and felt ashamed. "You're headstrong, young lady. You're even more competent than that apprentice of mine", Bookman made his voice audible because he knew Lavi was listening from the bookshelf. "That mock war ended the trouble. That might be the last time that I will join a battle", Eleanor had a weak smile. Bookman knew it wasn't that case. Upon joining the royal meeting, the council had suggested to train her more to be the leader of the knights. This would preserve the monarchy of the family. 

Bookman held on the lady's trembling hands. "I practice eastern medicine. Shall we deal with this?", Bookman offered. The lady nodded and followed the old man. "How come you're nice to her and not me?", Lavi whined. 

End of Flashback

Eleanor woke up and headbutted Kanda as she sat. Marie sweat dropped. Kanda was holding himself from exploding. "I saw you lying down the ground, your heartbeat stopped for a while", Kanda informed. "My heart stopped?", Eleanor was startled. "Then, how did I-?", Eleanor looked at Kanda's eyes and she felt a sharp pain. "It was Kanda's-", Marie stopped when Kanda cleared his throat. 

"Daisya is already dead. We have to proceed in finding Marshal Tiedol", Kanda informed. The lady furrowed her brow. She had a hunch that it was the Noah she encountered last night. "You still can't move. Allow me to carry you", Marie noticed her difficulty to stand. "I'll be fine Marie", Eleanor shook her head. "If you want to slow us down, why don't you just stay here?", Kanda started walking away. Marie sighed and carried Eleanor on his back. 

Cliff

They finally caught up with the Marshal. After saying the news, Tiedol cried and sketched Daisya's hometown. He finally noticed the presence of Eleanor. "What a  beautiful lady", Tiedol complimented. Eleanor felt a fatherly vibe from Tiedol. "Nice to meet you, Marshal", Eleanor bowed her head. 

"We are to escort you back to the Order", Kanda informed. "But I have a task to do", Tiedol was referring to the innocence. Marie smiled understanding their Marshal's attitude. "Then, we will protect you and follow you as well", Kanda said firmly. Eleanor looked at Kanda and realized his devotion for the Marshal. 

Night- Tent

Marie and Kanda are outside making sure that no demon were able to trace them. Eleanor massaged her nape. Tiedol offered her a drink which Eleanor took. "Thank you, Marshal", Eleanor looked at the coffee. That black drink looked very familiar. "Did it bring back some memories?", Tiedol asked. 

"We used to drink during camps", Eleanor had a weak smile. "Camp, do you mean when you go camping in the woods?", Tiedol drew a sketch their set up. There's a tent and two men are guarding it. Eleanor was amazed with Tiedol's sketching ability. "I would have love it if it was something like that", Eleanor took a sip. "You look like someone from a noble family, it will be a long night. Why don't you tell me some stories as well?", Tiedol sat down and prepared to listen. The lady felt awkward but the gentle look from Tiedol made her feel that its a safe place and there will be no judgement. 

"I'm the niece our King", Eleanor revealed. Tiedol just smiled. "But I didn't live as a noble. Ever since I was a child, my father would let me join military training. In the morning, we will be having trainings. At night, I will have to learn about diplomatic matters. At the age of 12, I joined a war and barely escaped my death", the lady started narrating.  "That sounds tough", Tiedol saw a deep guilt and shame in Eleanor's eyes. 

Chapter end.