Chapter 3 - As she walks by

"I heard we have a new classmate." Val said as we walked through our room.

"Yep, I know." they all looked at me. "I was the one who was asked by the dean to tour her around."

"Why are they still accepting? First semester is almost finished?" Jhoana asked.

"She's the niece of Dean Villaflor." they nodded. When I sat down they aren't still done gossiping. I just shook my head.

Not long after, Architect Lepran entered the room with a beautiful girl. I heard the whispering of our classmates. She looked up and our eyes met.

Damn, she's so gorgeous!

"Class listen." Archiect said. "You have a new classmate. Go hija, introduce yourself."

"Heather Maxine Villaflor." she simply said and smiled. She has this vibrant smile.

"Ms. Rosales" Architect Lepran called me. I quickly stood up. Once again she looked at me and then she smiled.

"Yes architect?"

"I was informed that you will be the one touring Ms. Villaflor today?"

"Ah! yes architect." i smiled. I walked to their direction. He said that I'm excused for the whole day and also to take care of Heather.

I fixed my things first before I invited Heather to come. It's a good thing I was told earlier and I didn't bring so much things today.

"Yvonne Rosales. Nice to meet you" I formally introduced myself. I'm friendly and she looks nice. I offered my hand and she accepted it with a smile.

"Heather." she really is so beautiful!

"So let's go????" we were both excited.

I'm used to touring new students cuz' as I've said I was friendly. And I am great with people.

"How long have you been here???" she asked.

I nodded. " I basically grew up here. I didn't have the chance to leave tho." I said while laughing. She asked why. "This is my parents alma mater and they want me to finish here too."

"Thank you to your parents" she said and I confusedly look at her. "Cuz' if this isn't your parents alma mater you will not be here and other people would be the one touring me. I bet wouldn't enjoy this tour if it wasn't you."

I can sense that she's nice. And I have the best radar.

"You? Why did you transfer??"

"My dad died." my eyes grew wide. I immediately tapped her shoulders. "Don't worry, it's okay" she smiled a little but I can see that it's fake. I bet she misses her father.

A deafening silence happened between the two of us for a couple of minutes. "Lung cancer."

"Hey, It's okay. You don't have to tell me. I know it's hard for you." I tapped her shoulders again.

"I've been meaning to talk to somebody about how I feel also. Is it okay??" how can i decline that? I held her hands and then pulled her to my friends' favorite spot. I helped her sit and then I sat next to her. She sighed.

"He was the best dad I could ever ask for." she started. "When I was 8, we migrated to US because our company is based there. Growing up I was really a daddy's girl. We were a picture of a happy family."

I just listened to her whil playing with her fingers.

"I was 18 when my mom became pregnant to my baby brother, Hendrix. It made our family stronger and happier."