Chapter 5 - Brighter than the blue sky

"Oh come on Yv! Let's go to the mall!" Val has been pestering me.

"Ugh Val! It's too early!" I said while still my eye closed. She's been here since yesterday because she had this fight with his father and she has nowhere to go. I'm used to it. I even told her to move in with me because of what her father is doing to her but still she can't leave him.

"It's too early??? Damn! It's already 1pm! You still haven't get up your bed. You haven't eaten anything yet!" I covered my head with pillow cuz' she's so loud but then she pulled it. "Get up! We need to go to Hera's for our gown!"

Ugh she's so annoying!

"Okay! Okay! Just get out of my room!"

"Yey!!!! Atlast!" she said and then she jumped out of my bed. I don't know why I'm so lazy today.

It's sunday and tomorrow will be the annual ball for us graduating students. Before I was so excited for this day but now I just wanna lay on my bed and sleep. 

After preparing I went downstairs and I saw Val sitting on the couch playing with her phone. I got the nearest throw pillow and I threw it on her.

"Let's go!"

She immediately stood up and pulled me. She's just like Heather. Sometimes I'm thinking that my arms will be dettached from my body because of them pulling me everytime.

And because she don't have a car, I have no choice but to drive us to the mall. When we arrived she pulled me again. If she isn't my friend, I would have hit her hard. We stopped at our favorite boutique. The Hera.

"Hi Ma'am Yvonne, Ma'am Valerie." the staff greeted us. "Just only you two??"

We have been getting clothes, gowns, formal attires, etc. here that's why they already know us. They also know that we always comes together when we're shopping clothes here.

"Oh! They'll come later, I guess." Val said.

"Oh okay! May I ask what are you finding for today????"

"Ah ate simple ball gownfor tomorrow."

"You're just right in time. We have new arrivals today." she said smiling. "Madam Herane also have new release so if you want to see it just tell me."

"Yes! we would love to!" Val excitedly said.

While waiting we sat on the couch. I took out my phone and just played with it. I'll just choose anything for tomorrow. Why would I make an effort to be beautiful? if the one I want to impress don't even care?

"Wow!" i was startled by Val's squealing. It was so embarrassing for the other customers.

I looked at the gowns in front of us. My eyes grew big. Gosh! It's so beautiful! Herane never failed!

The one that really caught my eyes is the simple black satin vneck backless ball gown. "I'll get that." I immediately said while pointing at it.

The staff smiled at me like she knew that I will choose it. "Madam Herane's totally right. She said she made this for you. This is the only one of this design. She said not to display this until you see it."

I smiled. Herane's the best! It's a bit sad that she's not here right now. I missed her.

"This is mine." Val said as she pointed at the one she liked.

"Will it be delivered to your houses???"

"Ahm mine would be on her adress also. Thank you." Val said.