Chapter 9 - It's just polyester

It was a very nice dinner. Mommy really cooks delicious! She's like Mama Gail. After eating I presented to wash the dishes. At first mom refused but I told her that I'll never go back if she insist.

Heather wanted to help but I told her I can handle. It's the least I can do for their kindness.

"There's something wrong with you. Are you okay?" I looked at her in confusion. "lately, I can see you staring into thin air and your eyes doesn't smile like it used to. You're laughing and smiling but it doesn't reach your eyes."

She noticed? I sighed. How can I tell her what's happening? I don't want her to think that it's her fault.

"It's okay if you're not ready to tell me. Just remember that I'm here, your friends are here." she pat my back and hugged me sideways.

"Thank you"

"No problem! go move fast HAHAHHA"

While washing the dishes, she's busy singing.

"Thankfully you're beautiful!" I teased her while drying my hand. She rolled her eyes at me. I love teasing her. She looks cute. m

We stayed at their living room at the second floor to watch some movies. Hendrix also joined us. He apologized once again and I just pinched his cheeks.

When we're at the middle of the movie my phone rang. I smiled as I saw Kurt's name on the screen. I stood up to answer the call.

["Where are you?"]

"Hello to you too."

["tsk! Hello? Is that okay? Where are you right now? Why aren't you home?"]

"Oh shit! I forgot! I'm at Heather's now. Her mom invited me."

["is that so? Okay, I'm just worried. I'll go home now. Let's just see each other tomorrow."]

"Yea! yea, sorry again. Let's hangout tomorrow. I'll treat you for lunch. Keepsafe! Text me when u'r home. Loveyah!"

["Yes mom. Keepsafe there. I love you sis"]

I shook my head as the call ended. When I sat back again beside Heather, she asked me who was that.

"It's just Kurt. I forgot that we have plans for tonight." I casually said.

"Omg! What's the real score between you two????"

"Wll, let's just say that I love him and he loves me" with that she squealed.

Hendrix threw her a pillow. "Gosh Ate! You're so loud!" but her sister just ignored him.

"Omyghod! make chika!" she excitedly said.

What will I tell her? I can't tell her that me and Kurt's siblings.

"You guys are extra sweet this past few days. You're always going out...." she didn't finished what she's saying because her phone rang."wait! I'll answer this first."

I heard familiar voices coming from her phone.

"You just call in time sis! Yvonne's here. I'm interrogting her about Kurt."

My brows creased. Who the hell is she talking to?

She smiled at me before facing the camera at me. There I saw Ash and Val on the screen.

"HEY YOU GIRL!!! WHAT IS HEATHER SAYING?????"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BETWEEN YOU AND KURT???"

Heather put her phone on the table as we both sat back.