A Different Shade of Pink Part 3: Passing of the Torch

Katherine and I took a stroll in the neighborhood during the warm summer breeze in Angel Grove. It seemed like an appropriate time given all the crap I had to endure. I've spent the next several days replenishing my body from that excessive training in preparation for the Pan Global Games. I managed to regain my power coin with the help of a friend who has done some things she wasn't fond of. For the first time in a while, I'm relieved of stress.

"Thanks for everything you did back there. I don't know what we would've done had you not broken free from Rita's spell," I complimented her.

"That's what friends do," she said. "I'm just glad you were okay."

"Me too," I smiled. Just hearing her reaction really showcased her courtesy and support she has among her peers.

"That was such a risky move. I can't imagine how upset Rita must be now I've come to my senses," she told me. I took notice of the insecurity skewed from her face. Ever since she arrived in the states, she had a sense of identity crisis figuring out exactly where she fit in.

"There's nothing to fret upon. You did what was necessary to help us in our fight against her and Lord Zedd. I mean, you even saved a friend from reaching the brink of death," I offered to her with some uplifting advice. "At the end of the day, you're the type of person who sees the good in people."

I took notice of the red blemish from Katherine's face.

"It really hits home hearing that. That may explain how I managed to break the spell," she said.

"You saved me more than once Kat. No doubt that's a prime example on what it means to be a good friend," I spoke wholeheartedly.

"I'm just thankful I don't have to turn into an actual cat creature again. Just the thought of turning back human only to find myself without clothes on is hideous," Kat shivered in fear. As I chuckled a bit, I didn't think it was necessary for her to make mention of that comment.

"It's best if we don't go there," I put it best. On another note, I had a confession to make. "Kat, there's something I need to talk to you about."

"Yeah, go on," she said.

"Ever since I became a Power Ranger, I've dealt with facing some of the deadliest monsters to come out of Angel Grove. There have been some that went as far as destroying our Megazords. I remembered one time a creature placed us under a hate spell that put us at odds against each other," I went on a tangent. "The point is that I had to cope with the responsibility of putting my body on the line to protect everyone in the city. That includes the people I love and hold dearly. With all the mess that's been going on, I've been contemplating this for quite some time now.

This instance had brought Katherine into question. "Kim, where are you going with this?"

I took a deep breath. My heart raced with anticipation knowing that the offer I hoped to make could be a life changing climax. "How would you like to step into the shoes as a Power Ranger?"

"Kim I-" Kat stammered a bit as she felt unsure how to respond. "I don't know what to say."

"Kat," I continued, "That's what I thought the instant I received my powers. But the way you stood up to Rita shows the amount of courage you had risking your life to retrieve my power coin."

"I almost destroyed you Kimberly. Is it possible to turn over a new leaf after some of the terrible things I've done?" She asked.

"Remember back at the hospital when Tommy brought up his time being evil? If he was able to go through that redemption phase, chances are you can do the same," I rebutted. "The choice is up for you to decide. On a personal level, I know you can do it Kat. We could use all the help we can get to make sure our city remains safe."