In My Time of Crisis

Pterodactyl - That was the call of my dinosaur each time I morphed into a Power Ranger. I felt a jolt of pink electricity running through my veins as the suit is layered over my civilian clothes. For two years, I served my duty to protect the city of Angel Grove and the people that inhabit this very place I called home. It was a time in which an outside force threatened to spread havoc on Earth with the intention of conquering our planet. Luckily, a wise sorcerer named Zordon took me and my friends under his wing in stopping the likes of Rita Repulsa and later on, Lord Zedd in a war between humans and aliens.

When we discovered Zordon, an earthquake ensued in our neck of the words. As a former Californian resident, we tend to have one every couple of years. While I was practicing my gymnastics, I was teleported out of the Angel Grove Youth Center along with my friends to an abandoned headquarters called the Command Center. Along with a highly intelligent robot named Alpha, it would be that moment when I encountered Zordon for the first time. I wasn't sure what to think about him. The thought of seeing him stuck inside a tube sounded absurd. He explained to us about an alien witch who had been set free from a dumpster that some astronauts discovered on the moon. When we found out she was behind the earthquake, I would realize that my life would change in an instant. By passing down five dinosaur coins, we were recruited to defend the Earth from Rita and her vile faction. When danger looms, we swore our duty to become Angel Grove's finest superheroes: The Power Rangers.

Throughout my time as the Pink Ranger, I saw folks come and go. Three people I admired addressed their goodbyes stepping down on their duties to attend a peace conference in hopes of changing our world for the better. As sadden as I was to see Jason, Zack, and Trini leave, I remained supportive for them and continued to press on. In turn, I also met three new kids our age that would later learn our identity as Power Rangers. Rocky, Adam, and Aisha would come along becoming the fastest of friends while they contributed to helping us combat against Zedd and his evil shenanigans. When three of our teammates prepared to leave for the peace conference, the former students of Stone Canyon High stepped in to fulfill their roles as the Red, Black, and Yellow Rangers.

Despite the shakeup in our team, we continued to serve and protect the Earth keeping a step ahead against the baddies. At this point in time, Zedd had ousted Rita of her leadership at the Moon Palace where they reside. I figured for sure she had banished from existence; that was not the case unfortunately. The moment when Rita returned, not only did she concoct her love potion to brainwash Zedd into loving her. As they wedded in holy matrimony, hindsight showed the tides would shift in their favor.

Eventually, the morphing grid responsible for operating our Dino powers would cause an overload that caused the destruction of our Thunderzords and power coins. Our fight with Rita's brother Rito was such an obstacle for us not even our best artillery could outdo him. I cried out desperately knowing to the fact a significant amount of hope I had depleted right before my eyes. As thankful as I was to bounce back and receive our new ninja powers, the fight against Evil took a turn for the worse. Whether if it was the Hate Master that placed us in a spell to turn us against each other or Face Stealer trying to do what he intended to set out, nothing compared to what happened when an ally of ours had succumbed to the control of Rita and Lord Zedd. This in fact was the beginning of the end of my tenure as a Power Ranger.

Aisha and I spent the weekend volunteering at a local animal shelter. As we went through our day, we came across an abandoned feline cat standing along the side of the road. It was there that we decided to give it a name abbreviated in two letters: P.C aka Park Cat. What we didn't realize at the time that this pet would be disguised as a teenage girl of our age sent out by Rita to spy on us. Arriving from Australia, I first met with Katherine after the Rangers and I defeated Katastrophe in a hard fought fight. She had a bubbly and sweet sense of personality that enamored us right off the bat. The coincidence never occurred to me that Katherine and P.C had some sort of connection. Given her first name and all, that should've indicated a red flag. But things went from bad to worse.