Tired? (The Present)

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Alexei's POV***

"Are you okay?" I rush to Sebastian as he stumbles on the red carpet. Pushing the cameras away, I try to cover my bestfriend.

"I'm okay." Sebastian heaves a grunt out as he attempts to stand. Immediately, he collapses exactly the same as before. I am concerned as I watch Seb's arms shake while he puts his weight on them to try to get himself vertical once again.

"Stay down." I whisper softly. I can see the concern in Sebastian's eyes. I try desperately not to let the panic out that is begging to be screamed into the open air.

"Sandy, get the medical team to Mr. Royals room ASAP." I speak lowly into the phone as I usher Sebastian's bodyguards to help me get him out of bird's eye view of the cameras.

"Mr. Royals, are you okay?" Charlie assesses the situation before accepting a head nod from Sebastian. Charlie quickly picks Seb up, walking towards the exit barriers.

"What happened?" I frantically question my client, who is also my best friend.

"I haven't eaten." Seb looks at me with questioning eyes.

"Since when?" Suspicion is clear in my tone. Sebastian is on a strict diet to compensate for the long hours he spends in the gym.

"I skipped a snack?" Sebastian shrugs his shoulders with a groan.

"Hate it for you, but you are not hypoglycemic. This seems a bit drastic for skipping a protein bar." I talk while opening the door to the hotel room. I lead the way for Charlie to get Sebastian into bed, behind closed doors.

"I haven't been feeling well." Seb softly admits with a shrug of his shoulder. I quirk an eyebrow at my friend. This is the first I have heard of his less than par health.

"The doctor will be here in five minutes. You rest. There is no need to explain it twice. I will listen in." I turn the lights down after ushering the rest of our team out of the room. We do not need too many people in the know about this. The more people who have information, the bigger the chances of TMZ finding out details we aren't willing to release.

I meet Dr. Kabul in the hall. I quickly run through the stunt that just transpired in front of too many witnesses. With a confirmation from the good old doctor, I follow him inside of the room to assess Seb.

"Mr. Royals, I apologize that we are meeting again under these circumstances. I just need a few minutes of your time. I will give you a quick once over. This could be as easy as that." Dr. Kabul puts in his pleasantries as his hands move to begin the triage.

Impatiently, I watch over the doctor while I make notes mentally of every single test he performs. After Seb's blood pressure, temp and heart rate are measured, I watch the doctor do a once over to his ears, nose and throat. Seb sits quietly, waiting for his cue to start talking.

"Everything seems okay. Start with how you are feeling. When did you begin to feel differently? Have you had any symptoms?" Dr. Kabul pulls out an audio recorder as he runs down his list of questions.

"A while." Seb looks at me with guilt ridden eyes. I won't say that I am not flabbergasted. We tell one another everything. I can confidently state that Sebastian has not told me he has been feeling under the weather.

"Okay. So exactly what have you felt like?" Dr. Kabul looks concerned as he focuses on Sebastian. Sebastian lets out a small huff before taking a large intake of breath.

"A couple of weeks ago, I fell in the shower. It wasn't a big deal at the time. I got a little light headed, the room began to spin and I lost my footing. I didn't think much of it. I ate a little bit before heading out to the gym. However, at the gym I felt worse. It seemed like each weight was heavier than normal. I figured I was slightly fatigued. My schedule has been hectic. I made a promise to get more rest. I assumed that would even the playing field." While Sebastian takes a moment to catch his breath, I watch his chest rise and fall in very short intervals.