Reunite | Aether x reader

Reader is male and 3000+ years old

Reader is also from the same world as Aether and Lumine

Reader is dating Aether

Takes place during the event after you fight the whopperflower/Susbedo

Fluff/angst

-------------------------------------------------------

500 years before

   You were on a walk with Aether and his sister, discussing what to do next. That is when you are met face to face with the ruler of your world. The ruler of your world was cruel beyond words, a tyrant, but also homophobic. Word got out about your relationship with Aether, and the tyrant wasn't thrilled. They came themselves to banish you and Aether to another world, but of course with Lumine being the only to witness this injustice, she was sent too.

Present time - Shadows Admists Snowstorms event

   You had landed in this world 500 years before, not resting until you find Lumine, and your beloved, Aether. You had a feeling they'd be somewhere in this world called "Tevyat" with you.

You wandered through the snow, tired and cold. You heard a familiar voice, and so, you followed the voice. You got to a point at the top of stairs to see your beloved Aether after a fight. "Aether!" You called out, rushing to his side, cheeking if he was hurt. "Y/N?" A look of shock over his tired expression. You pulled the gold eyed boy into a hug.

   "Don't leave me again.." He spoke softly, kissing your forehead. "I promise I won't." Your head buried in his chest.

   You almost fell asleep when you heard another voice. "So is he your sibling or--" You look over to realize there's more than just you and Aether there, 4 others you had not noticed. "No, he's not my sibling" Aether sighed. "Oh-- well then who's your friend?" Clueless she was. Everyone else there already had their suspicions. "Uh,  Amber-- I don't think they're just friends." A blonde, wise-looking man finally spoke. "Ah-- best friends?" She can't be serious. "He's my boyfriend." Aether finally spoke. "Oh--" The realization had finally hit her.

   He still held you close, not letting go. "You're being a little clingy there--" the white-haired boy spoke. "We haven't seen eachother in a long time. If I were to let go he'd beg me for attention." He teased. "Only for yours." You smiled mischievously. "Ah-- mind joining us then? You both seem tired." The wise man spoke. "If Aether trusts you then I do too." You let go, only to end up holding his hand, walking off with them.