Kaeya x reader | birthday special <3

Fluff and angst

Reader's special dish is pretzels

Off topic but Mihoyo thank you for finally paying attention to this man he needed it and the official art for him is gorgeous ✨✨

————————————————————————

9:30 am

   You had already awoken for the day, walking out of your front door to find a box and a note from Kaeya. He had spent the last 3 hours picking out the cores of Crystal flies (I think that's what they're called, I forgot— Qiqi moment) and making his special dish for you on his birthday.

   You weren't going to let that slide as you started back into your home and into the kitchen,  grabbing things from the pantry and pulling out the pretzel recipe. You made the best pretzels anyone could ever ask for, Kaeya, however, had yet to try yours.

   You followed the recipe carefully, making sure they're perfect. You gently formed the dough into pretzels, and popped it into the oven.

10:30 am

They were ready, gently placing them in a basket with a cloth over them as you walked outside carrying them yet again. You knew exactly where he would be, so you fallowed down the trail.

11:30 am

   You were a half an hour away when a pyro abyss mage had blocked the way. Your hands were full, you couldn't use your vision in that very moment, so you did the only thing you could do, and ran.

   The abyss mage had other plans for you as it teleported in your way once again, preparing an attack. You had come to realize there wasn't just an abyss mage, for you had ran into a hilichurl camp.

   Surrounded, and hands full, there was nothing in the moment you could think of, you couldn't leave, but you also wanted to get the pretzels to Kaeya, protecting the pretzels with your life. A member of the adventurer's guild had noticed your struggle, but he simply turned around and ran down the path.

12:30 pm

   You were burnt, bruised and wounded, but you couldn't let them touch the pretzels, you didn't allow yourself to put them down in fear something will happen to them. You heard a faint voice coming closer. You knew that voice, you tried to think for a moment, but you were hit yet again by a hilichurl, trying hard to remain your balance.

   There was a few sudden loud slashes an the hilichurls where gone. You lifted your head to try and figure out what had happened. To your left you heard "Cool it!" You knew immediately who it was, the ice cold birthday boy. The abyss mage had gone in seconds.

   You looked up at Kaeya, who didn't even break a sweat. "Why didn't you fight back?" He rushed to you, seeing if you were hurt, and you were. "My hands were full, I didn't want something happening to the present I made you.." Your voice was quiet in that moment. "For me??" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Yes for you, I didn't want you to spend your birthday alone." You handed him the basket.

   He lifted the cloth to find pretzels, the birthday boy was delighted, popping one in his mouth, happily eating it. "So??" Your hopes were high. "They're amazing, never had anything better." He gently pat your head. You excitedly hugged him. "Happy birthday Kaeya." You smiled.