2. bad energy

Gabriella 'Raven' Ramirez

It is hotter than a monkey's ass out here. I should have stayed my Black behind in the house under the coolness of my central air conditioner. But no, I wanted to walk to the corner store for some drinks and ice cream.

My slides slapped against the hot concrete sidewalk as I briskly walked to my destination. The heavy bass of a familiar song reached my ears. Turning my head I noticed a low rider cruising past on the street headed in the same direction I was walking.

By some weird coincidence, my eyes met the shade-covered eyes of the driver of the aforementioned low rider.

He looks like your average gang banger

He looks like your average gang banger. Turning my head I continued on my walk. I wanted no parts in whatever he had going on.

Making it to the store I wasted no time making my way down the aisle collecting my items along with a few add-ons. I walked up to the counter waiting patiently in line for my turn when some guy cut in front of me. I may not be all that tall, in fact, I was not tall at all, but I know his naked walnut head ass saw me.

Without an ounce of fear in my heart, I stepped behind him tapping him on the shoulder.

"Excuse you, because I know you saw me standing in line. Just like I waited my turn, so can you", I sassed stepping around him to the front of the line.

With a soft smile at the clerk, I began to place my items on the counter. I had only placed two items down when I was forcefully whipped around. The items I held in my arms went spilling onto the floor.

I stared at my fallen items at my feet. My feelings were hurt. My ice cream had spilled out of its container making a mess of the tiled floor we stood on.

"Do you know who you talkin' to, foo? No quieres cruzar a un Santos, perra", spat the gangbanger.  (You don't want to cross a Santos, bitch.)

I had neatly missed hid threat. My attention was still focused on my ruined cold treat at my feet. I was naturally a pretty laid-back person.

I was chill, but this right here. This shit right here really pissed me off. Not only had he been a rude asshole by cutting the line, but also made me waste my ice cream. His ass had to be eradicated pronto.

Imagine the look of shock upon who I am assuming is his friend's face when he walked into the store in search of his homie only to find my short ass trying to scapel him with a spoon I kept in my purse while choking him on his knees. I immediately recognized the man to be the man I had seen driving the low rider on my walk to the store. If he wanted smoke too I was with it.