9 | 100 Grand

"Wait since I didn't say not it... Does that mean I have to buy?" I join the them.

"Yes. Let's get off this Mountain." Jerry smiles and we go to the cart going into town and making sure the three get arrested.

We get to clean up and get new clothes to put on before we leave. "My old man would not believe this." Tom looks around.

"Billy wouldn't believe it." Dan adds.

"Actually, know what? I think he would." Jerry tells him.

"Oh, my goodness. Look at this ensemble. I like it." I see Del come towards us all cleaned up.

"Thank you boys, Miss." He tells us.

"Glad I caught you guys before you headed out. I got something for you." Del tosses a bag at Jerry and we see D.B.'s parachute. "There's a little something for you rolled up inside there, too." He tells us and we thank him. He tells us he's headed out to see the world.

We look in the bag as he leaves and see money

We look in the bag as he leaves and see money. "Oh my god." Our jaws drop.

"There gotta be like 100 grand in here. We'll split it four ways." Tom tells us.

"You know what? No, thanks. I'm good." Jerry tells us.

"I'm not good." Tom tells him.

"You three guys split it." Jerry hands me the bag.

"No, I'm good too. I'm gonna sell this dumb ring for some money." I give the bag to Dan.

"Fifty, fifty?" Tom tells Dan.

"Actually, I can't. Because I bet you 100 grand that you couldn't catch a salmon with a flashlight and I lost. Besides, Tom, you got bills to pay. You guys a new life to start." Dan explains to him.

"I don't know what to say." Tom says.

"Just say we're square." Dan says.

"No, actually we're not square. I seem to recall a certain part of that wager being one left nut, and I'm gonna get it. Come on, pleated pants, let's go." I watch the three play around making me laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" Tom puts away his pocket knife

"You two trying to get Dan's left nut." I put my hands up in defense.

"You know, I didn't forget about our bet." He walks up to me while the other two watch us.

"Oh... right." I grab him by his shirt pulling him down into a long kiss. My arms wrap around his neck while his snake around my waist pulling me closer.

"Guys, I think you can stop now." We hear Dan.

"The bet was a kiss not a full make out. Hello? Can you hear us?" Jerry tells us.

"I knew there was always sexual tension between the two of them." Dan tells him.

"Okay. Stop before you have sex in public!" Jerry shouts making us finally stop. "Damn." Jerry shakes his head at us.

"I'm pretty sure that's not what Billy meant when he said I would love to know when we graduated. But that was nice too." Tom says making me laugh.

"I'm so lost." Jerry gets in car.

"I always knew." Dan gets in the driver seat.

"I thought you would've hated that." Tom crosses his arms at me.

"I didn't take you for a cuddler." I smile getting in the car.

"What happened on the mountain stays on the mountain." He shouts getting in the back with me.

"So now what?" Dan asks.

"I'm gonna propose to Denise." Jerry says making me happy for him.

"Pay off all my debts." Tom says.

"Sell this ring for some divorce money. Costed more than 100 grand so I'm good." I tell them. "Dan?" I ask him.

"Gonna try to see Flower again. What about you two?" He laughs.

"What do you mean?" We ask him.

"Was that kiss just a bet kiss?" He makes us look at each other.

"Yes. Tom and Parker? Never." Jerry speaks up turning up the music.

When we get back to Oregon we start to go our own ways again wish luck to each other. "Hey." Tom walk up to my car.

"Hey?" I say.

"I'm worried about you. Going back to your husband and..."

I cut him off, "I think I can finally stand up for myself. I made it out of the mountains with multiple obstacles; a bear, rapids, and two fat basters trying to kill us." I laugh.

"But you had help too from a good looking 6'2 blonde with tattoos." He smiles.

"Mostly in the rapids where I was panicking." I agree with him.

"I wanna help you. I think we both could use each other's help. Starting a new life getting after leaving our shitty ones. My debts, your marriage." He leans against my car.

"So basically become roommates and each pay our rent." I joke.

"If you don't mind... Roommates that makeout at times." He smiles making me pull him down into a kiss.

~

Before I got home I filed for divorce and when I got home and I told Rick everything. He tried to hit me but I finally fought back shocking him. I packed all my things and had help moving out into a good two bedroom apartment with Tom.

While the divorce was going through the process, I got a new job as a teacher and explain my record was a lie because of my ex husband so they got rid of it.

"Look at you." I laugh as Tom come into the living room dressed up in his new Boy Scout leader uniform.

"Don't make fun of me." He groans looking at himself in the mirror.

"Hey, you choose it as a side job." I turn down the tv.

"I liked the mountains so why not take kids camping." He sits next to me on the couch.

"Remember that these are kids. Little boys. Children. Not teenagers or grown men. So watch your mouth." I explain to him.

"You love my mouth." He leans over kissing me.

"Tom, I'm serious." I laugh into the kiss.

"Me too." He leans me back to lay down.

"Tom, but be serious about what I was saying." I stop kissing him.

"I can't make any promises though. You know I have no filter." He kisses my along my jaw.

"Then you picked the wrong job." I grab his face to make him look at me.

"I'll try my best, okay. Now shut up and kiss me back."