Chapter Nine

"Amere, I think it's time that I've told you more about your father," said Utorg as he walked over toward Amere laying in bed.

"Utorg? What are you doing in my room?" he asked. "I thought you told me everything about my father."

"I've entered your room, Little One, because I believe it's time that you've learned the full truth about your father."

"The full truth?" echoed Amere.

"Yes. There's things that I still haven't told you about him."

"So it is true that there was more about him than you told me."

"Walk with me to the Brightwood Forest. I'll reveal all that's needed to be known there."

"Are you feeling ok, Utorg? This is really random, and you've come to me out of nowhere."

"I'm feeling just fine, Little One. Fenyl is waiting for us both in the forest."

"What about Evelyn? Shouldn't she be coming with us too to hear the truth?"

"Fenyl and I have decided that we'll tell your sister after we've told you. We don't expect her to take the news well."

"And you expect me to take the news about our father any better?" asked Amere, raising his right eyebrow. "I thought there were no more secrets between us relating to my father."

"I know what I've said, Little One. Between the two of you, we believe that you'll be more sensible. At least that's what we trust. You already know more about Kieran than Evelyn does. Both Fenyl and I want to make sure that there is nothing else kept from you about your father."

"Alright, Utorg. I guess I'll go with you. But please, no more secrets."

"I promise you that there will be no more secrets."

Amere and Utorg proceeded to leave their house before they entered into the outside world. Amere noticed that the sun was beginning to set in the sky. Its shining light that it sent down to the earth was beginning to dissipate, going out to let the dark embrace of the night time in to take its place for a time. It was quiet outside as the two of them walked. Beyond the sounds of crickets making noise in the distance, all was still and silent. A cool gust of wind swept through the grassy field Amere and Utorg walked along. It cooled them off as well as made the grass rooted into the ground dance from side-to-side. Eventually, the two men made it into the nearby woods close to their home.

"This forest that we're in, the Brightwood Forest, this is where I had come and met with your father seventeen years ago," said Utorg.

"What did you meet with my father about, Utorg?"

"I met with your father to discuss why he had decided to leave Brookshire with your mother and elder sister."

"Why would my father want to leave Brookshire?"

"He was afraid that searcor hunters sent by King Theron were after him. He was terrified that they'd come for your sister as well as him. At the time, the fighting between the searcors, mystics, and searcor hunters were at their peak. All throughout Aesorin, the searcors and mystics were rebelling. They had destroyed the Church of Druvvalikar in Taigira. It wouldn't be long before the searcors and mystics did the same to the Church of Druvvalikar in Braisen. Your father was a very powerful searcor, Amere. He possessed the ability to have visions and see the future."

"I'm guessing what he saw was him being taken away by Theron's guards."

"Correct, Little One. That was a genuine fear of his. He had even told your mother about it."