Chapter Eighteen

The Re'el tribe leader, Elorathorn, called on several of his best mystics from the village after the attack. They would be led by him along with Ewyn as the group made their way to the Lake of Radiance. After some time passed with them traveling on foot, the group could see the lake come into view in the distance.

Looking far out into the other side of the lake, Amere and Ewyn could see Sebethon and Baseira guarding the large body of water. After immediately spotting the group, both centaurs raced over from their side of the lake over to the batch with great speed.

"We see that you've brought with you a great many elves following closely behind you," said Baseira.

"Have you all come to sip from the lake?" asked Sebethon.

"Yes," answered Elorathorn. "We're ready to put an end to this portal and the demons that plague us coming out of it."

"Where are your other tribe leaders? There are three of them, correct? Shouldn't they be with you?"

"They're back at the Re'el village watching it while we're gone. They aren't needed to come."

"And what about their own villages? Are they left unmonitored?"

"No, they aren't. They're run by a second-in-command who oversees the village while the tribe leaders are away."

"Very well, then. Take your mystics over to the lake and drink from its waters," said Baseira.

The group of elven mystics walked over with Elorathorn, Amere, and Ewyn to the edge of land where the waters stood in the lake. Everyone glanced at the crystal clear water. It illuminated a bright blue glow. It was evidence of its mystical powers that it possessed. At the same time, its waters were tranquil. There was no ripple or tide in the water. The water was calm and serene as a breeze befell over the lake.

Carefully, the elven mystics scooped the water into their hands leaving a small puddle of it in their palms before ingesting it. Ewyn followed after the lead of the elven mystics, scooping water into his hands before drinking it.

"I can feel the power of the lake flowing through me," said one of the elf mystics.

"I can as well," said another.

"Ewyn, can you feel the lake's power too?" asked Amere.

"Yes," replied Ewyn. "I can feel its power coursing through my body. I feel stronger than I did before. Elorathorn, are you going to take a sip from the lake as well?"

"Yes," answered Elorathorn. "I was just waiting for you all to ingest the water and feel its power first."

Elorathorn walked up toward the lake before bending down and scooping some of the water into his hands. He raised the water to his lips before slurping it up into his body.

"I can feel the power of the lake running through me," he said. "This power feels unlike anything I've ever felt before."

"Now that you all have drank the water from the lake, you should return to the gemmed cave to put an end to this," said Sebethon.

"I agree," said Elorathorn. "We'll head back to the gemmed cave immediately."

"Sebethon and I must stay here and continue to watch over the lake. We wish you luck in your journey to close the portal," said Baseira.

"Thank you. We'll get the portal closed and end this once and for all," said Amere.

The group started on their way back to the gemmed cave that lied in the center of the Hisarii Forest. They walked deep inside of the dark cave to notice the blue portal resting inside it. It had enlarged since the last time Amere and Ewyn had seen it. It was wider than it was before and shined even brighter than it had originally.