𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸; 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗔𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗬𝗔 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞 𝗧𝗢 𝗞𝗨𝗠𝗜𝗞𝗢.
𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗟

KUMIKO hastily packed up and put on her coat. When she walked out of the school, she happened to notice that Kenya was next to her. Kumiko knew who he was and that he enjoyed books. Even though they don't know each other, he was one of the only people in the class she happened to appreciate. Not romantically of course.

Kumiko had the same book as yesterday in her hand. She held onto it tightly, so tightly to the point her knuckles turned white. It was a habit of hers to hold things that way.

After about a minute of them walking next to each other, Kenya decided to begin a conversation. Just as Satoru had told him to.

"Kumiko," He addressed, glancing at the girl to his right. This caught her attention and she gazed back at him. "I've read that book before. I think it's pretty good. What do you think of it?"

She pauses, "I think it's good." Kumiko says quietly, her grip on the book tightening even more. She always got nervous speaking to people.

"If you like that book, I think I could give you a book similar to that. Maybe we could read it together." Kenya says with a soft smile on his face.

Kumiko thought about it, "Maybe." She shrugs, loosening the grip on her book.

Trying to make the conversation a bit more interesting, Kenya changed the topic. "My friends and I have a hideout. You could come there sometime." Kenya mentions briefly.

"Are one of your friends Satoru?" Kumiko asks with a frown. She felt bad, acting so harshly to him. Kumiko knew why she did it though. If she became friends with Satoru, he'd probably just find her annoying.

"Yeah," Kenya says truthfully, "Do you dislike him?"

"No, I don't."

Kenya stood quiet after that, wondering if he could invite her to the group's hideout. He then decided not to since he hadn't asked the others.

Kumiko then arrived at her house. "This is my place. Goodbye, Kenya." She says blankly, glancing at him before walking into her house. Kenya waves goodbye before walking to his own house.

----------------------------------------------------------
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬
𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗛𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘

"Hey guys, I'm going to talk to Kenya in private for a moment," Satoru said, glancing at Kenya, "Do you mind?"

Kenya shook his head and then they walked out of the classroom.

"Did Kumiko talk to you?" Satoru asked, standing next to Kenya outside the classroom.

"Yeah. She's actually nice." Kenya admits his hands in his pockets.

"Really? She didn't really come off as nice to me." Satoru frowns, thinking about two days ago when he had talked to her.

"She doesn't dislike you actually. I asked her about that. Kumiko most likely has her reasons as to why she wasn't so kind to you." Kenya said, stating his thoughts. Although he did wonder what her reasons were, it wasn't his business.

Satoru nods, "Alright. Thanks, Kenya." He smiles softly, then walking into the classroom with Kenya.

-------------------------------------------------------
𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗟

KUMIKO walked out beside Kenya, she figured it's probably going to become a normal thing. She had her book in her hand, the same as yesterday.

"Can you show me that book that's similar to this one?" Kumiko asks, pointing to her book.

"Yeah, sure. Today?"

"If it's not a problem for you." Kumiko smiles softly, for some reason, being in his presence didn't bother her. Even though she knew that she shouldn't let her guard down so quickly.

"No problem. Is it okay with your parents if you come over?" He'd ask, not wanting her to get in trouble.

Parents...Kumiko thought, remembering when they both were alive and happy together.

"My dad isn't home anyway. He should get back at around... 2 am." Kumiko informs, thinking about all the times he had come home.

Kenya was certainly surprised by her statement but decided to let her come over anyway. It's just for her to borrow a book after all.

Kenya and Kumiko arrive at the house. Kenya lets Kumiko wait outside while he quickly grabs the book.

Kenya then comes outside with the book, handing it to her.

"Thank you, Kenya." Kumiko smiles, examining it as it was in her hands. Kenya smiles back.

"Goodbye, Kumiko."

"Bye, Kenya."

--------------------------------------------------------

𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗬 back home, Kumiko saw Satoru walking home. "Satoru," Kumiko says, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Jeez!- Oh, it's you. Hey there, Kumiko." Satoru smiles.

"Sorry for being mean to you. Don't think I hate you or anything." Kumiko apologizes to him with a slight bow.

"Ah- it's alright. You know, you should hang out with me and my friends. I'm sure none of us would mind." Satoru smiles at her.

"I'll think about it. That's all I wanted to say. Bye, Satoru." Kumiko said and just like that, she turned around and made her way home.

'And now, I just need to befriend Kayo! I think I'm starting to get somewhere with Kumiko, I'll just have to be careful of what I do around her. I'll save them! I'll create a new future!'