𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲; 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟵
𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

KUMIKO TOOK HER SEAT next to Kayo. Kayo hadn't sat down yet because she was currently saying good morning to Satoru.

Kumiko had tuned everyone else out, thinking about what it would be like to act like Satoru. He was always so... confident. She couldn't help but wish she was like that.

Yesterday was a total bummer. Kumiko had sat in her room reading all day. She tried to convince herself that friends were pointless since they'd get tired of her easily but something else told her to just try and make new friends.

Kumiko gave a quiet yet audible sigh as she sat with her hands in her lap. She had forgotten her book today since she woke up late and was in a rush.

Suddenly, Kumiko hears a voice. Satoru's voice says, "Damn, you look pretty." He said that to Kayo, who was extremely flustered. For the first time in a while, Kumiko laughed, quietly of course.

'Oh god, I said that out loud.' Satoru thought, then, the class became very noisy.

"Did you just hear that?"

"Oh my god!"

"Satoru's got gutsy!"

"Are they gonna get married?"

"Idiot! They have to get engaged first!"

"Congrats!"

"Everyone settle down!" Mr. Yashiro says, clapping his hands, "We're going to begin our morning meeting."

----------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow's the day Kayo Disappears. March 1st, the moment of truth.

----------------------------------------------------------
"LATER HIROMI!" Satoru says, waving goodbye as they parted ways.

Satoru walked with Kayo back home.

"Hey, Kayo. Want to walk to school together? I could swing by your place."

"Okay." Kayo replies, then her mom shows up, "Mom?"

Satoru bows respectfully, "Good evening," Satoru said, looking at Kayo's mother, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow morning!" Satoru then runs to his house, leaving Kayo with her mom.

---------------------------------------------------------

KENYA AND KUMIKO walked home together as usual. Except, Kumiko had a lot on her mind. Kenya happened to notice this but decided it'd be better to leave her be.

"Kenya," Kumiko suddenly addressed, keeping her eyes glued to the floor.

"Yeah?" Kenya glances at her, taking his earmuffs off.

"Are you busy after school?" She'd ask, taking her eyes off the ground and making eye contact with him.

"Not really," Kenya answers, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Can I come over and read with you? Like last time?" Kumiko asked awkwardly, she felt as if she was annoying.

"Sure. I don't see a problem with that." Kenya smiles, breaking eye contact and looking in front of him.

The two arrive at Kenya's house and everything was the same as last time until they ended up reading to each other.

They ended up reading to each other because Kenya had a book he wanted to show Kumiko but he only had one copy. The two had to sit rather close together but neither of them complained.