𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁; 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

PRESENT

ALTHOUGH KAYO IS SAFE, KUMIKO AND HIROMI are still being targeted. I have to find a way that makes sure neither of them is alone. It's just like with Kayo.  I can be with Hiromi since he's my friend and in the same class, but Kumiko and I aren't very close despite being in the same class, and after school, she's alone for a large amount of time.

So, how will I ensure Kumiko's safety?

-----------------------------------------------------

MARCH 10TH
BEFORE REVIVAL

MY EYES WERE teary and felt as if they were burning as I sat on my front porch with my black hair flowing in the wind. I was pretty cold, but I couldn't think about that right now. I felt tears drop from my eyes to my cheeks which were just as red as my eyes. The worst part was, that I had nobody to comfort me. I was alone.

I saw a boy walk past my home. He had blue hair. He was with some friends. I saw him glance at me for a moment before looking away. A part of me wanted to speak to him. But then again, he's probably like everyone else in our class. He probably thinks I'm just some freak.

The group of friends is out of my sight now. My breath becomes uneven as I think about the news my father gave me.

He's marrying her. Her. The blonde woman he brings home late after work. Sometimes, I can't sleep and I see her. She drinks, a lot. I can hear the wine being poured, many, many times. And then the glasses clinked together.

I don't like her. She's a part of the reason my dad has to work so hard. I may be young but I'm not stupid. She forces my father to buy stuff, she's a part of the reason we're so poor. 

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize the man standing behind me. I feel a cloth go over my nose and mouth and I suddenly feel drowsy. A blindfold is put over my eyes as I let out a shriek of panic. My breathing slows and becomes calm, and I can no longer scream as I feel myself falling into a deep sleep.

Suddenly, all my senses are no longer there as I get dragged away by the unknown man.

-------------------------------------------------------

BACK TO THE PRESENT
MARCH 5TH

KUMIKO WAS HOME ALONE as per usual. However, she heard a knock on the door at around 6:20. She jumped up from her bed, figuring that this person was Kenya. She opened the door with no hesitation and much to her surprise she found...

"Satoru?"

"Hey, Kumiko." Satoru greeted awkwardly as he rubbed his hands together.

"Come in." Kumiko said, figuring that he had come here for a reason, "So, what do you need?" She asked, taking a seat on her couch.

"Well, Kenya probably has spoken to you about it before. Kenya and I- no, I am worried about you. I mean, you're constantly alone. Doesn't it get... I don't know, boring?" Satoru asked, looking around the small but neat home.

Kumiko looked at him blankly before sighing, "Yes, it does. But I can't do anything about it. So I kind of just... suck it up."

Satoru furrowed his eyebrows, "You should hang out with the group after school more often! You wouldn't be so alone. Oh, And maybe we could have sleepovers and stuff!" He smiled at her enthusiastically, and Kumiko smiled back although she faltered.

"Satoru, I don't want you to be friends with me out of pity. I want you to be friends with me because of what I act like and stuff."  She frowned, putting her hands on her lap.

Satoru frowned as well, "Right, I'm sorry. I think you're a really cool person, Kumiko! And so do Kenya, Hiromi, Kazu, and Osamu! Especially Kenya~" He said teasingly, trying to lighten up the mood.

Kumiko blushed furiously with a small smile, "Maybe Kayo was right and you really are an idiot."

"Oh, shut up!" Satoru said lightheartedly laughing, Kumiko giggled quietly, happy to have made a friend.

Satoru ended up going home at around 8:00, I didn't mind though. We had a good time just talking and stuff, he told about how his group of friends constantly teased Kenya about Kumiko in which she laughed sheepishly.

"Bye Kumiko! Tomorrow I'll come back with Kenya!" Satoru grinned as he walked out of her house, Kumiko waved goodbye with a small smile.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'm off to the center to do my homework!" Hiromi told the others as he put on his backpack. Satoru looked at him, "If you give me a second, I can go with you!" Hiromi nodded.

Kenya looked at Satoru, "Are you gonna be Hiromi's bodyguard now that Kayo's gone?" Kenya asked Satoru bluntly, putting on his backpack.

"It's not like that!"

Kenya sighed quietly, "Satoru, can I speak to you in private?"

"Yeah sure. Sorry, Hiromi. I'll catch up." Satoru gave a sheepish and apologetic smile. He then saw Kumiko who looked at Hiromi. "Hiromi, why don't you go with Kumiko? We can all do our homework over there."

Kumiko and Hiromi looked at each other with small smiles, "Alright! See you there Satoru!" Hiromi smiled before walking out with Kumiko.

"Satoru, what are you thinking? I saw your determination to save Kayo, and that went well, but looking at you, you look so tense like you're still trying to fix something" Kenya said worriedly, glancing to Satoru who was behind him, "If something's bugging you, will you tell me about it?"

"I can't really explain it, it's too much of a leap. I'm still trying to figure it out."

"Let me help you figure it out. Whatever you're up to, I'd like to come along." Kenya smiled slightly, holding out a hand for Satoru to allow him to stand. Satoru grabbed his hand with a small smile right back at Kenya.