Chapter 11: Castor Wilds

It was a long way to go before they reached the Castor Wilds-- longer than the half a day it took to get to the forest's edge, and longer than the three days it took to reach Mt

It was a long way to go before they reached the Castor Wilds-- longer than the half a day it took to get to the forest's edge, and longer than the three days it took to reach Mt. Crenel. Not too many trees this close to the rocky canyons that made up the western sides of the Hylian Continent, but the rivers that ran through them turned the ground to mud the further south they got. Once ground level met sea level, there weren't any more paths to follow and it became more a matter of just staying on dry ground. At some point, amidst the tall grass and sinkholes, it just became impossible for Link not to get his boots wet.

But then as he sat down to dump the sand and water out of his boots, Ezlo twitched.

"Eh?" Ezlo looked around, but there didn't seem to be any immediate danger. Then he focused his attention back the way they came. "What a strange feeling. I sensed something from the castle's direction. Or... was it just me?"

"I didn't sense anything," Link said, looking back over his shoulder. "Not that I can technically sense anything anyway, but..."

"Hmm..." Ezlo turned around again to face southwest. "Carry on, it's probably nothing."

Link nodded and continued forward through the marshy grass.

___

What do I do? King Daltus thought to himself, sitting alone in the throne room. He had his knights both protecting the city, and out searching for Vaati... but he felt helpless. He looked at his daughter, still frozen in stone as she stood beside his throne.

Then he heard steps walking towards him.

"Hm? Who's there?" King Daltus asked. He turned to face the man who had entered... no, appeared. The door didn't open. "What? Vaati! How did you get in here!?"

Vaati teleported, standing right in front of and startling the King. Vaati raised his hand, and dark clouds of magic surrounded King Daltus' head.

"Uhn... what are you doing?" King Daltus mumbled, suddenly dizzy. He fell out of his seat, dropping to his hands and knees.

Vaati laughed, disappearing in an instant.

Just then, Potho came back into the throne room. "What has happened!?" he exclaimed, seeing the King on his knees in front of the throne. Potho hurried to his side.

"Ehr... Gather the knights," King Daltus hissed.

"But milord!"

"Gather them!" King Daltus barked.

"... Right away milord," Potho nodded.

___

King Daltus sat in his throne, dark eyes glaring down at the knights that knelt before him. "You all know of the power the Picori gave to mankind, do you not? The golden Light Force of limitless power..."

There were grumblings of acknowledgment from the knights, but the King slammed his fist down to silence them.

"I want it!!!" King Daltus exclaimed. "It is somewhere here in Hyrule! Go now, and bring me this power! Waste no time! Go forth at once, and bring me the Light Force!"