eighteen

a l e x

"Ready to get drunk?" My best friend walked into my apartment like she owned the place and plopped down on my bed, waiting for me to finish getting ready.

She wore a skin tight black dress reaching her mid thigh with a killer pair of red heels. When I said killer heels, I meant heels that would literally kill you from pain if you wear them for a night. They looked amazing, though.

My outfit was just as equally out there as hers. I had on a red lacy bodysuit and black skinny jeans with more comfortable heels. Well, as comfortable as I would allow myself to be in, meaning three inches of block heels.

"Yeah," I swiped on some lipstick and threw it in my bag before turning to her. "Let's go."

She grinned at me. "Perfect, our Uber's two minutes away."

We walked to the lobby of my apartment building and right on time, our Uber pulled up outside. We got in and made sure the driver knew the right place before driving off.

"So, have you talked to Collin yet?" I wiggled my eyebrows, teasing Soph. 

We talked about her obvious feeling for him at the office yesterday, and I made her promise she'd make a move after assuring her several times that I didn't care if they dated. She was worried I was gonna get mad since Collin had been extremely vocal about his intentions with me in the past.

How could I get mad? I wasn't even interested in the guy, given the presence of a certain someone in my life.

She rolled her eyes. "Not yet. He wasn't at the office today. Well, maybe he was, I just couldn't find him."

"Stalling isn't going to make it any easier, Soph. Just make your move already," I prompted. "Better sooner than later."

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Says the girl who has a boy practically at her beck and call yet still calls him just a friend. You two are always together, and yet you say you still aren't a thing."

"It's because we're not," I explained. "Yeah, we spend time together, but we're not pressuring the labels. The last time we tried dating, we went way too quickly, and now that I've actually spent more than a month with Luke just as friends, it's different."

"It's because you're past the getting to know each other part of things. You dating for six months back in high school already knocked that out of the way," she reasoned. "There's no point waiting if there's obviously something. Like you said, better sooner than later."

"I knew my words would come back to bite me in the ass," I grumbled. "We'll see tomorrow, okay? When I see him, I'll think it through."

She nodded at my words then texted someone right as we pulled up to the club. We got off and thanked the driver before walking in.

The next few hours were spent on the dance floor or the bar enjoying some drinks. We went to a couple clubs and decided the fourth would be the last once we got in.

"I'm gonna go take a seat. My feet are actually dead," Soph screamed in my ear over the loud music. "You go dance."

I nodded and did just what she said. It was getting later in the night and people were getting bolder. Guys started getting closer, and I couldn't care less. I could do some damage if needed.

"You're really hot," someone slurred into my ear as he started grinding on me. "Wanna come over to my place?"

If anyone is taking notes, that is how not to pick up a girl.