Chapter 1

Negan's POV
I was flip-flopping all night. My fucking brain won’t just shut off. Her face keeps flashing in front of my eyes. She was so beautiful. Why the hell did she have to be Rick’s kid!? Why the hell did I have to see her on that day. No way in hell she’ll ever want to fucking look at me after bashing in her friends heads.
She reminded me of Lucille. She had a kindness to her like Lucille. The same brown hair. I had to stop myself from falling to my knees when a gust of wind made strands of her hair dance across her face. It took me back to before, when Lucille would garden and I’d call for her. She’d turn to me and smile as her hair blew across her perfect features. Fuck me! I’m in too deep and I don’t even know this woman!
I sat up in bed and rubbed my chest. It was so tight, I was having a hard time breathing. I put my clothes on and decided to just start the fucking day. The sun was about rise anyway. I walked the halls, a few people up and working, kneeling. I swung Lucille as I walked out to the front yard. Simon was yelling at a few new recruits, Dwight was dealing with Daryl on fence duty. I sauntered over to Simon.
“These newbies...I don’t know boss. They seem real fucking stupid to me.” Simon sighed shaking his head as they ran off. I laughed patting him on the shoulder.
“They always do. But you’re the best teacher we got. Arat doesn’t have the temper for it.” I said.
“Oh I remember last time. How many broken noses was it? Three?” HE asked with a smile.
“Four I think. Anyway, I was thinking last night, I can’t remember that woman’s name. At the line up. Rick’s daughter. You got any ideas?” I asked.
“Oh yeah. Mary. Rick kept calling her Mary. Why?” Simon asked crossing his arms.
“None of your damn business that’s why.” I said swinging Lucille onto my shoulder.
“Be careful with that one boss. She had a fire, won’t break like her dad.” Simon said. I waved him off as I walked away. Mary. Mary sounded like a song. It hit my ears just right.

Mary’s POV

I sat on the porch of my house. My anger still hadn’t ebbed in anyway. My house suddenly felt too big. Carol was gone, Daryl was taken, it was just me in the big house. I had instructed my father to leave me alone. I was still having a hard time looking at him. Carl was upset with me, I could tell. He took our father’s word as gospel. I just couldn’t.
I watched as the Saviours took the beds from all the houses, except mine. The took everything they liked, but when they came through my house, only a few bottles of water and boxes of cereal. I looked over at Negan, standing talking to one of his men. He caught me and winked. I got up and stomped over to him.
“Why are you taking the beds from everyone except me?” I asked, crossing my arms. He smiled and walked closer to me, his leather jacket brushed against my arms.
“Well, I just couldn’t bear the thought of your pretty little head on the cold, hard, ground.” He said, his voice like dark velvet.
“Whatever you think is going to happen because you let me keep my bed, is not going to happen. Whatever special treatment you give me because you want in my pants, is not going to work.” I said, standing firm. He chuckled and leaned forward, his lips next to my ear. I felt his scruff rub against my cheek.
“You and I both know there’s something here. One day, you’ll give into it. I can wait.” He growled into my ear. I tried to hide the shivers that traveled down my spine. He pulled away and winked at me. I tried to compose myself, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing he’d frazzled me. I turned and stomped away.
“Hey, are you alright? Did he hurt you? What’d he say?” Rick asked as he grabbed my wrist.
“Nothing. He didn’t say anything, I’m fine. Let go.” I sighed. His grip was loose. I could just yank it away, but I was giving him the opportunity to let go.
“I need this attitude to stop right now.” He barked.
“I said, let go.” I growled back. His eyes started to burn, my defiance making him angry.
“Rick! I believe I heard the lovely lady say to let go!” Negan ambled over to us. Rick let go of my wrist.
“I wasn’t hurting her. I was-”
“Don’t care. I ever see you touch her like that again, especially when you are so clearly pissed with me, I’m going to have to punish you. Now, I don’t want that, you don’t want that and I’m sure she doesn’t want that. So, let’s not do it again.” He smiled. Rick nodded and walked off.
“I was handling it.” I barked.
“Oh I know you were doll face. I just don’t want him taking his anger for me out on you.” He said.
“He doesn’t hurt me. He’d be a walker by now if he did.” I said.
“Yeah, I can see that. Nobody fucks with you and gets away with it, right?” He chuckled.
“Usually how it goes. I’d be careful, if I were you.” I said. Negan leaned down close.
“People don’t get away with threatening me. But you get a pass. It’s an emotional day.” He said leaning back and smiling. I shook my head and walked back to my house.
“Can’t wait to see you next time Doll!” Negan called after me. I didn’t turn or acknowledge him in anyway. I ran into the house and slammed the door shut. I got a glass of water and chugged it. I had to get this feeling away. He made my stomach flip. My brain kept replaying him whispering in my ear, the feeling of his breath on my skin, every hair standing on end. I can’t feel like this. Not for him.