7. Hate

Sid thought for a while. "Because my friend can't watch anyone in trouble," Ri said, interpreting the conversation.

Everyone's attention turned towards him. Sid raised his eyebrows at him and sighed to stay calm.

"Di, Anushka is our classmate and a bright student, and Sid couldn't turn his back on in such a situation. He just wanted to help a good student, moreover, his classmate and that's it," Ri said calmly. Vaish thought for a second and nodded her head with a smile.

"Thank you so much, and indeed, you are a good person," Vaish said with a smile. Sid smiled back.

Vaish handed money to Sid. "No, di, it's alright. Whenever you are capable of paying back, just do it then," Sid said politely.

"It's just the fees for one month, and," she placed the money in his hands, "I will pay you the pending fees soon, but you should have this now. At least then the next time I can ask you for help, right?" She asked with the same smile hanging on her lips.

"Sure did, always. Anyways, I'm Siddharth Nigam," Sid said, extending his hand. But suddenly Vaish's smile dropped, as if some kind of realization hit her.

"Siddharth Nigam," her lips mumbled slowly. Her eyes travelled towards his features. His hazel brown eyes reminded her of someone, someone she hates.

Everyone except Anu was confused by her sudden change.

"Where are you from?" she asked, was curious and wanted him to answer as fast as he could. "Uh... I live in Mumbai itself but I am from Delhi," he said, making her more furious.

"Do you have any siblings?" she asked. "Di, why do you want to know all this? Don't you run late for the cafe, it's a busy day," Anu jumped into the argument and somehow wanted to stop it right there.

"I asked you something," she said to Sid, completely ignoring Anu. "Yes, I do have a brother," Sid said. "You will know him; who doesn't know him. Di, you have heard about Abhishek Nigam, right? Bollywood's shining star. Siddharth is the one and only brother of him. You got shocked, right?" Ri asked playfully, jumping in between the talks.

But Vaish's face didn't show surprise or anger; it was pure hate.

********************