Kitchen

I looked ahead and saw a rat in the next room, as Six got up, still with one hand on her stomach. Knowing what I was about to see I began breathing heavily, which wasn't exactly comfortable since my lungs weren't good. Seven looked at us confused, then I remembered that he wasn't with us last time Six got hungry.

"Is she hungry?" He asked.

"I think so, this happened twice before we met you." I replied.

Six collapsed in pain, as the rat scurried to the next room, getting caught in a trap.

My heart began racing, I watched Six approach the rat. At this point all 3 of us were in the next room, with the trapped rat. Six reaches for the rat as I turn away.

"Seven, look away." I said.

"What? Why- OH THATS WHY." he said in response, immediately turning his head as I hear flesh ripping and bones crunching.

I grabbed a cigarette from my bag and lit it, it wasn't exactly healthy but it calms me down when I'm disturbed. When the crunching stopped, I turned around, seeing the bloody mess I expected.

"You full?" I asked, breaking the silence.

She turned around very quickly, realizing that Seven and I were in the same room as her. She glanced down at the mangled rat corpse, then at us again, a visible frown on her face. I figured that she didn't want to talk or think about it, so I gestured to the two to keep going.

As expected, we came into a pantry with a shelf full of items and containers as large as us. I notice Seven staring at the shelves.

"She just ate a rat alive and we find a full pantry next." He said as I stuffed a small can in my bag. "You want anything?" I asked.

"I'll just get an apple, you still got that knife?" He asked. I gladly chopped it in half for him, despite the apple being much larger than my knife. I grabbed a beet from the shelf and helped myself to it. I noticed Seven giving a piece of his apple to Six, which i guess meant he wasn't too disturbed after what had just happened.

While they were snacking, I peeked in the next room to find one of the chefs, cutting meat, as expected. I knew his face was a mask, as his facial expression stayed EXACTLY the same for the entire time I watched him.

I returned to the other two as they finished up, and gave a bit of hand sanitizer to ensure they wouldn't have the inconvenience of sticky hands.

I gestured for them to stop as I peeked, spotting the chef returning to his cutting board. As he continued to cut meat, we quietly snuck past him. We hid under a counter as he headed to the next room. I came out and peeked, to find him inspecting the substance he was cooking in a pot. He then turned his back on my direction, and i gestured the other two to come, and we snuck to the locked door.

Seven appeared panicked as there was a lock preventing us from continuing, then Six non verbally suggested that we climb up the storage cabinet. I peeked around the table to see the chef still inspecting his stuff, so we quickly and somewhat quietly climbed up the cabinet. Traversing the wooden beams was scarier than expected, especially since i could fall in a boiling pot instead of a hard floor. I was surprised to find that the fish stored here wasn't rotten yet, but it smelled like it was beginning to.

Mini skip

As we entered the bedroom we found the other chef resting.

"Get under." I whispered to the other 2. We all got under the bed, and realized we needed to wake the chef up to get him to leave. I knocked on the wooden floor and felt a flinch from above.

"Uuughh, bedtime... is... over..." he muttered as he got up and turned the light on, and immediately left. I crawled out and quickly retrieved the key, falling off in the process.

"Mmmmmmmmffffffffffff ow" i muttered as a way to cope.

Seven helped me up, while Six simply observed... kinda disturbing.

Nother mini skip

As the elevator opened, I heard the faint sound of moving glassware from the pantry. I realized that it was a nome in a jar and immediately ran in. I held the jar in place and carefully opened the lid to avoid shattering the jar and alerting a chef.

Afterwards, we snuck back to the locked door and got through. In one of the rooms, we found a cleaver lodged in a cutting board. It's handle broke as Six tried removing it from the board.

In the next room was a large sausage machine, and I realized we had to go into a very cold freezer to get the other two chunks of meat. First, I processed the first chunk into a surprising small sausage.

"I'll go up and find some more meat." I said.

"All alone?" Seven asked.

"Uh, yeah, you two just wait down here." I replied.

I went up the mini elevator and hopped out into the freezer, and it was FREEZING inside.

"Ight gotta be quick." I muttered as I dragged a chunk of meat off the table. I dragged the meat onto the split doors on the floor, before looking up at the other chunk, which looked much higher from my perspective.

In the excruciatingly cold temperatures I made my way up, and jumped for the meat hook. I grabbed the slippery surface of the meat chunk and fell down with it. I dragged myself towards the elevator after putting the second chunk with the first.

The hit of warmer air felt wonderful as I stumbled out of the elevator.

"You okay?" Seven asked with noticeable concern.

"I-I'm fine." I replied, "Just a little cold."

I climbed up onto the table to begin working the machine. I dropped the meat and ground it into a sausage rope in front of the vent.

"That does NOT look sturdy." I said as I looked at the links.

"Any other ideas?" Seven asked.

He had a point, there wasn't another way. I ran across the table and swung myself into the vent.

"Your turn." I said to them as i scooted to make room.

The two repeated my swing and made it into the vent with me.

"Woah you're cold." Six said. It had occurred to me that I didn't hear her talk for a very long time, but I didn't wanna make her feel awkward.

"Yeah I was in the freezer for a couple minutes." I replied, so much for not being awkward.

To avoid an uncomfortable conversation, I just kept going.

That's the end of this chapter, if you have suggestions to what I should add to this story or future story ideas, feel free to comment.