Lou

• Dedicated to Bria!!

We walked out into the school parking lot. I followed his footsteps in the direction of a white car. I pulled my sleeve down a little more, feeling awkward around a boy I didn’t even know the name of. He opened the door of his small white car for me and I got in. I looked at myself in the rearview mirror. There was a small bruise above my eyebrow. I reached my finger up to touch it and flinched at the contact. TOMS boy walked to the other side of the car, crossing in front. He opened the door and slammed it with a loud thud. 

“Well. Let’s go somewhere.” He said putting the keys into the car. The engine roared. I looked over at his face. It was basically perfect. His eyes were prettier than most eyes I’d seen. He caught my gaze and I realized I was ditching school with a complete stranger. 

“I don’t even know you.” I said queitly. 

“Well you do now. I’m Louis Tomlinson. And from what I know your’e Annabelle Williams.” He said looking at my bruise. He lifted his fingers and touched it. I pulled back and brought my fingers back up to my forehead. I looked out at the falling snow from the car. I could see Louis’ reflection scanning my body up and down. His lips parted as if he was about to say something but he didn’t. I turned back to him. 

“What?” I asked. I bit my lip trying to keep the tears from coming down. I pushed my hair back with my petite hand. He stared at me intensly. He nervously bit his lip and then he looked at my lips. My eyes widened and he looked forward again. 

“It’s just your’e um your’e really pretty.” He said staring at the icy parking lot.

That’s a compliment I get from absolutely no one. I had dark brown hair, almost a black and blue eyes. I got the eyes from my mom who was absolutely gorgeous. But sadly, I think I got my father’s genes, but I never met him. My mom has never told me why either. My sister, Emma got all the good looks. She was perfect and always upstaging me. 

Considering that she was sort of famous. 

She was an actress on some Disney show. She was only 13 though. 

“I don’t get that a lot.” I said as he pulled the car out of the parking lot. 

“Why?” he asked. He turned up the radio a little louder and I held back the urge to sing, considering I have a good voice. It was my favorite song, The A Team by Ed Sheeran. 

“I don’t know. I’m just not that appealing to most guys.” I answered. He didn’t respond and parted his lips again to say something but shut them again. 

Instead her started to sing, which took me by surprise. I looked over at him. His voice was soft and amazing, it made me like him a little bit actually. He wasn’t as intimidating as he was before now. I opened my mouth and joined him in singing. The song ended and out of nowhere we both said; “You have an amazing voice.”  

I laughed and he joined. We pulled into a red light and he put his hand a little closer to my body. 

“Why does James bully you?” He asked. My laugh turned to a sad expression. 

“I-I um don’t know.” I responded. His gaze caught mine again and he smirked. 

“Well I don’t get it.” He said bringing his hand up to touch my bruise again. I flinched but didn’t look away, getting slowly used to his warm touch. His fingers traced around my cheek, that was still stinging after James’ forceful slap. I pulled away from his touch. 

But he didn’t give up. His hands wrapped around my shirt sleeve and he rolled it up, just enough to show my wrist. My face went pale and he looked up at me, brushing his warm fingertips over my jagged, misplaced and scarred skin. I looked down, my eyes leaving his gaze.