record deals

“Okay so work on your high notes and by Thursday I want them perfected.” My voice teacher, Mrs.Rodgers stated, waving to me as Louis and I left her studio. I had been taking her voice classes since I started seventh grade. Mrs. Rodgers has connections with record labels and other opportunities for me. She posted YouTube videos of her singers and many people viewed. But mine have been the favorites. I don’t know why though. This was an exciting moment for me. I really do love to sing but not as much as Louis does. He took my hand in his and gave it a tight squeeze. 

It was Louis’ last week and we swore to each other that we would spend every minute of it together. 

“Wait Annabelle!” Mrs.Rodgers called for me. I whipped my head around and told Louis to wait a second. I walked back into her building and she greeted me, taking me back to her office. 

“So Annabelle you have an amazing voice.” She said simply. She pulled a chair out for me and I sat down. I didn’t know what the heck she wanted from me. Mrs. Rodgers hasn’t done this to me before, and I’ve known her for a very very long time. 

“Thank you but I must-” I said standing up but I was interupted by her. 

“Annabelle sit.” She said sternly. I nodded my head and sat back down. She smiled warmly at me and an excited look came on her face. 

“Yes?” I asked timidly. 

“Well I have connections with that record label you know....” She trailed off. My heart pounded in my chest. Record label? What’s that supposed to mean. 

“And they would like to consider signing you. They saw your YouTube cover of the A Team I posted.” She said, her smile wider than the moon. 

My heart stopped. 

What?!

Oh my goodness. No one has ever thought of me as anything but Annabelle Williams. That wallflower who likes to sing. 

“Would you like to come to London next Friday to meet the record producer and possibly record some songs proffesionally? You are destined to be something Annabelle. You are.” She asked. I gaped at this and nodded. 

“What time?” I asked. She smiled at me basically accepting the offer. 

“come at 2 and we will end about 8.” She said. 6 hours in the studio. 

I’m so excited. 

This is what I want. 

“Oh and you left your phone here.” She said handing over my Iphone. I gladly took it from her and then hugged her tightly. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have been here. I wouldn’t be hugging her because she basically got me a record deal. 

I walked out of the studio to find my boyfriend still walking around in the front of it, staring down at his phone.

“What was that about?” He asked. I didn’t want to brag. He is the star here I mean seriously. Little Mr. Talented will make it past the X-Factor. He will be famous. 

“Oh I left my phone in there.” I said and he smiled, taking my hand again. We walked past shops and everything I’ve known for awhile down in Doncaster. I couldn’t get that smile off my face. What if I am the one who gets famous? What if we both do?

-----------

plot twist 

ha ha ha ha aha 

all those people ive told the ending to 

ha ha ha aha ha ahahahahaa a

i lied 

xx katie