CHAPTER 7

ItalicBold-Mandarin
Bold-English
Y/N's POV

"Y/N-shi I'll get going now. You know how it is at home" I looked up to jinyoung oppa bidding my goodbye before continuing to browse the book I found at the library. Inside our quarter are 4 other acad players reviewing silently. I continued reading for another half an hour until a knock can be heard before a familiar figure walks in.

"Hello! You know what it is! Annyeonghaseyo~!" The man walked greeting the startled readers before waving at me "Y/N chingu-yah!" I bowed back "Jackson oppa. What brings you here? Jinyoung oppa left a while ago" he shook is head smiling at me

"Ah. He's at home now... Currently stopping JayB from killing Bambam. You know..." Oh I sure do. "Anyway. He sent me here for the focus group you two have to attend." I hummed asking him to continue "But he said I'm untrustworthy to get your number so I should just give his number instead." I laughed seeing his offended expression whilst holding his chest

"I'm naturally friendly and fun you know? I'm friends with everyone. He's just acting like a conservative mother." I shook my head at his antics and just agreeing to all his words. "Here's his number by the way call him after you get home. He's quite busy as of now anyway. It's rush hour" rush hour? Huh.

I nodded thanking him and still looking at the kakaotalk number. "Thank you oppa." I was escorting him at the door when he suddenly stopped before looking at me. "One of your group mates will be chinese. So jinyoung said you should atleast learn basic mandarin" I nodded my head thanking him and going back to my book.

Hmmmm. A Chinese groupmate in our focus study? Aside from shuhua and uqi, who are the oth--instead of wasting time in thinking about it, I decided to search a few articles about basic mandarin before cleaning my work cubicle and walking back home.

Third Person's POV

You're now sitting at your study table, finishing your presentation in biology. You wonder why you choose to be a neurologist but then you remembered you have to call jinyoung so you fished your phone out dialling the number jackson gave you.

"Good evening, this is Y/N L/N. What time are we meeting at weekends?" You greeted as soon as someone answered your call "Hello. Who's this again?" You stopped on your tracks, blinking twice before speaking "good.. evening. This is Y/N" she spoke in mandarin right? She has to or else this is embarrassing. "Uhm... Is jingyoung there?"

The woman from the other line laughs joyfully "Good evening to you too young lady. No there is no jinyoung here. You're name is Y/N? From?" Is this the Y/N, Y/N? Your mind travelled back to the articles you read earlier and tried answering the woman "I live in Seoul, South Korea.. I'm sorry I think I called the wrong number madam" oh! It's her. "Ah! It's nice to meet you Y/N. it's fine this is actually a lovely coincidence. I'm Zi-yu's mother. I've heard a lot about you" a lovely coincidence indeed.

Zi-yu? Who? Who might this be? Heard a lot about me? "Oh is that so madam? Good things, I hope" the woman laughs nodding even if you can't see her "yes nayeon and jihyo always praise you. I hope to meet you in person dear." Oh sunbaes. This woman is speaking mandarin. And the girls are either korean, japa-- ah the tall sunbae.

"Ah yes. I should learn more in mandarin if I am to meet you madam." You said nodding lightly. "nonsense dear. You're already doing great. I will call you when I arrive in korea and so meet me child." But why me? "Thank you. I'm hoping to meet you soon madam." How do you compliment asian moms again? "You have a very lovely daughter. I'm sure she inherit her beauty from you"