Chapter2: The first look

Hayley's POV (still)

Today's the day, the day I get to see the little featus growing inside of me for the first time. I got out of bed and headed down stairs. I walk into the kitchen to find chad making pancakes. "Mmm smells good" I said as I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "They're not for you, they are for the baby" he teased. "Well it's a good thing the baby is inside of me" I said as I slapped his butt. He chuckled and handed me a plate full of apple pancakes. I scoffed them down quickly when suddenly I got a feeling and it wasn't a good one. I gagged as I rushed to the bathroom while chad followed. I leaned over the toilet bowl and you can probably guess what happened next. "I hate this so much when is it gonna be over" I sighed. Chad held me again "it's all part of the process Hayles. But just think in nine months time it will all be over and we will have a beautiful baby to look after" he said as he looked down at me. I leaned up to kiss him and he stood up "nuh uh" he said handing me my tooth brush. I chuckled and checked the time "we gotta be there in 20 minutes" I said.

After I had brushed my teeth I grabbed my coat and Chad grabbed the car keys. We made our way out of the house and into the car. We then arrived at the hospital I got out of the car and grabbed Chad's arm. "What's wrong" he asked. "Nothing I'm just a little nervous" I said smiling at him. We walked up to the front desk and we were greeted by a lady in her mid 40's with a name tag that said Anne on it. "Good afternoon" she said politely. "Hi" I said nervously. "Your name please" "Hayley Williams". "Okay if you would like to take a seat in the waiting room" "thank you" I said as I walked away from the desk. We waited for about five minutes when a lady came out "Hayley Williams" she said softly. I stood up, grabbed Chads hand and we followed the lady into the check up room. "Are you having a good day" she asked me. I just nodded "don't be nervous" she said warmly. "I'm Rachel I'll be your midwife for the next nine months" she said smiling. "How long ago did you take your pregnancy test" she asked me. "Three days ago" I said as I grabbed Chads hand. "it's okay" he said as I got on the bed. I lifted up my top and she started rubbing this warm jelly stuff on my belly. "Look at the screen" she said smiling. I turned my head to the screen and there it was. The tiny little embryo that was inside of me. Chad gripped my hand tighter as he gazed at our little creation on the screen. "It has my nose" Chad joked which made us all chuckle. It was astonishing. I'd say your about five weeks Rachel said. She left to go and get us some pictures of our little shrimp. I looked up at chad "I love you" I said softly "I love you too" he replied.

It's 3:30 and I had just got off the phone to my family and Chad's family to tell them the good news. I sat on the couch and stared at the picture for a while. I cant belive this was actually happening, we have wanted this for so long. Chad joined me in the living room and handed me some green tea. "Thank you" I said smiling "your welcome" he replied kissing me.