Chapter Eight

POV NOVA

The men all stand around me, presumably awaiting his orders as we stare at each other. His jaw ticks at my snide comment, but beside that his face show's no emotion.

"You know Nova," He starts strolling toward me like he has all the time in the world. "You shouldn't have damaged my house, that's not being a very good guest, is it?" He looks at my feet as if remembering we're outside and I have no shoes. 

"You have two options now, option one is preferable. You come with me now, I'll forgive the property damage and we can discuss things over dinner like civilized people before you're escorted to a new, more secure room. Option two is less desirable. I can just have you cuffed and forcibly thrown in the back of one of these cars. Like I said, your choice."

"So option one, you feed me and lock me up? Or option two you just lock me up? I like cuff's baby, so I think I'll take my chances." I state readying myself for the attack I know is coming.

"Bring her alive and mostly unharmed." He states with a smirk, while the goons descend.

I'm not dumb, I know I can't win but I'm sure as hell not going down without a fight. Honestly, the nerve of this guy to think I'd willingly be locked up and traded back to Shiloh, its sickening. I'd rather die, so this is now a fight for my life.

The first one comes at me and I kick him in the chest while another comes up beside him. I throw a punch to his nose not even pausing to see the blood pour out. I continue this for a minute before I'm completely circled and rushed from all sides.

I feel someone's hands on the back of my neck trying to force me to the ground when I remember I have that scalpel in my pocket. Dr. Grey would be proud. I think to myself as turn and put it through his neck before pulling out and continuing to slash at people.

I grab one mans arm into a hold before grabbing his gun and aiming for leg shots. I don't particularly want to kill them, maiming them is good enough.  It doesn't last long before a gunshot nicks my arm, not enough to seriously hurt me, but enough that it slows my actions a little.

Another shot echoes and misses me, coming from the left. I turn to look and no one's there. The cold feeling of a barrel at the back of my neck causes me to jump, and I still for a second before turning to attack again. That split second was long enough for someone to grab grab both of my arms.

I throw my head back, no doubt busting open his nose, it doesn't help me. Within no time I'm being pinned down to the ground. As the side of my face meets the pavement I lock eyes with the tatted jackass that caused this.

His dark eyes get seemingly darker as I struggle against the multiple people pinning me down. I feel claustrophobia creeping up on me and I begin to feel panic mix with my rage and adrenaline, causing me to push harder against those who restrain me.

"Just calm down Nova, they wont let go until you stop resisting so just give up." His deep tone taunts at me.

"Like fuck I will." I use all my strength to buck my hips up off the ground, the movement surprising my attackers giving me a moment of freedom. I take advantage of that small moment and I almost get back to my feet when I feel someone slam against my back again.

I feel his knee digging into my spine, directly between my shoulder blades, pushing my chest into the ground. Now I can't breath but I keep struggling anyway pushing away all feelings of panic due to claustrophobia.

Like I said, I'd rather die than go back.

"You're going to kill her." I hear him say softly. Positional asphyxiation, I remember Dad warning me of how dangerous it was.