Chapter Thirteen

POV NOVA

It's been a month since I've came here and I've fallen into a more comfortable routine. Every morning I wake up, brush my teeth, make my coffee, go to the attic, and light a joint. The late October winds have ruined the ambiance of the patio swing so I sit in the attic in silence until I have to get showered and dressed for training.

Fae's an absolute treasure and ordered some more comfortable furniture for me, nothing fancy of course. Just a lounge chair, a little table and a beautiful crystal pillar ashtray all placed by my usual spot in front of the window. 

Girl has some good taste, even though she originally denied placing it there. Too bad no one else even knows I come up here. 

Training isn't too bad anymore either, there are even some people that I've recommended to form a team. Just like my old team. I started making training co-ed too, despite some resistance. They were surprised in the difference in skill set and even more surprised when I put a girl on the same team as the guys. 

They train separately from the rest now because they're what I like to call Ghost Squad. They all have specialties, but are well rounded and good at working together, but everyone has shown extreme skill in both stealth and combat. I swear, sometimes I watch Oliver and Carmen fight side by side and its like they're the same person. 

I wonder if they're fucking

Anyway, I never see Ashton anymore and Fae's usually pretty busy doing whatever she does on all those computers with some other guy named Dev. I spend a lot of time by myself. 

Sometimes the squad asks me if I want to hang out, I usually decline for fear of getting too close. Thats a mistake I will never make again. 

I'm walking into the gym for squad training when I hear them talking amongst themselves.

"Should we tell her?" Tell who, what, Carmen?

"I mean, she is close with him so we should right?" Close with who Marco? Am I about to get some tea?

"Listen, I vote Oliver tells her, he's the most liked out of all of us. Nova's fuckin' scary when she's pissed." Okay that's definitely Cole talking, and that's Marco laughing. I narrow my eyes, if he think's I'm scary, I'll give him a real show and see if Marco thinks it's funny then.

I don't like secrets unless I'm in on them. Fair enough right?

"Okay bitches, 5 on 1. Let's go. You lose, i get to know the secret." I say and they all jump, with nervous looks on their faces. They obey nonetheless, as they always do. I stretch my limbs a little, as they warily circle around me. After I feel good, I take a deep breath and keep my voice low when I finally speak.

"Begin."

----------------

When I've finished kicking their asses, I look around at all 5 of them while I try to catch my breath. They're good.

Marco, is level headed and strong and great with tactics. Cole is a complete savage with knives and hand to hand combat, excellent at following orders too. Then you have Oliver and Carmen, they're almost twins with their movements, always covering each others backs as well as the rest of the teams, they're our greatest defense.

Last but not least we have Simon, he's a bit of a mystery. Doesn't say much but when he does he's always on point. The way he fights speaks more words than any book could, you can tell he's always had to do things the hard way and that's why he avoids it at all costs. He would do anything to get the others out alive and with the proper training I think he can run this team one day.