Chapter 50 - Unexpected Chaos

Arien's POV

Here I am, packing my things, but this time, I will be leaving this mansion.

It was Monday afternoon. I've already asked permission from Nathan that I will be not reporting for night shift tonight, and thankfully he let me.

Things... were just like how I expected it. But other things... became unexpected for some reasons.

After I exited Mr. Levid's office yesterday, all I felt was, nothing. I felt nothing. I felt no sadness, longing, or anything. I thought I could stay longer, but no. I thought I could spend much time with them more, but no. It will always ends with me, leaving and being left behind.

I hate it. When people hates me for no reason. I hate it.

Last night, I started packing my things, even though I don't know where I should stay in the city. But just this noon, Poly heard me being kicked out, offered me a room in her apartment. She told me her parents were out of the country and said that I could stay there for the meantime until I could find the right place for me.

And tomorrow, I'll be leaving this damned place and forget that I met these vampires in my life.

But Ethan's face crossed my mind.

I froze, and then laughed without any joy in it.

What are we anyway? Nothing. Plainly nothing. He haven't come back since yesterday and I was actually waiting for him to come home, to ask him about what we shared between each other the night at the camp or does it mean anything, before I could leave this place.

But I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

And I didn't expect that to happen either. I should just forget that it even happened, even though it would pain me for the next days.

I should just forget about my first kiss.

-

Tuesday afternoon. I was done packing my things. Thankfully, I didn't have a lot since I rarely buy clothes for myself or ask my parents to buy them for me. I'm not an apparel person. When I go to malls, I usually go straight to the bookstore and check if they have anything new. That's me, being a not so innocent bookworm.

Poly offered me to pick me up later to move into her apartment. They have a car that her parents left for her if ever she wanted to go elsewhere without riding her little bike which is not ideal for long journeys. I gave her the mansion's address and she'll be here any minute by now.

As I was struggling to climb down the stairs, with a backpack behind my back, a suit case for my clothes, and another bag for some materials that was resting on top of the case, I heard the front door opened.

I doubted it would be Poly since she should be ringing the doorbell and not just trespass a mansion without any permission.

Are they home? 

My steps became hurried at the thought of them coming home, only to be disappointed afterwards.

My hopes fell when I saw her, Eria, just standing a couple of meters from me. I put up a fake smile.

I don't hate her for being here, for being the replacement for me. I hated myself for I could sense jealousy inside me, resurfacing and I'm trying hard not to let out on her. That's just not right.

"How are you Eria?"I asked. She smiled, quite genuinely, but I could sense it was partly fake too.

"I'm fine. How about you? Actually, I was going to tell you I'm going to move in here since Mr. Levid offered me to stay here. At last, we can spend much more time together."she said, I guess she doesn't know anything?