Sneaky mouse

Mousys wheelchair squeaked. Tyler shushed her and stopped the wheel.

"Be quiet!" Tyler frantically whispered.

"I am quiet! Quiet as a mouse."

Tyler rolled his eyes. The two of them were in the back of the old storage room at the mall, so no one could see them. The plan was that Mousy could peer out of the crack in the wall. The place was dirty and had bugs in it, but it was safer than hiding in plain sight, where someone- most likely a robot- would be sure to catch her spying.

"There you go." Tyler grunted as he pulled an old mattress out of the way, and Mousy wheeled through, into a small and damp spot, with a slight bit of light slivering through a large crack in the wall. That was the good thing about the crack. It was big enough for someone to see and hear things out of, but the storage room was so dark that no one would see you looking. "I'll come back after the meeting. I should hurry now, before Rosa manages to get to the front."

In order to stall the group whilst they set up Mousy, they had poured a puddle of water in front of Rosa. It wouldn't do any serious damage, but it would stop her for a while. And they were fully aware that whatever Mr Vernadoz had to say, he wouldn't say it without Rosa.

Sure enough, Mousy could see Tyler rushing to his fathers side a minute later, with Rosa jogging behind not long after.

That is when Mr Vernadoz started to speak. He cleared his throat. Then, the first sentence he said was:

"They got out."