❖ CHAPTER 1.

❙

.      tara sat outside her father's office, working on homework and other things she had to do for school. .

in the corner of her eye she saw the red sprayed on words that read 'venkman burn in hell' on the door of her father's work space.

she couldn't help but laugh. it was cruel yet also comical.

tara could hear the girl from inside go "i don't know. they're just coming to me." she rolled her eyes, knowing what dad was doing.

he'd tell ALL the girls they were right and at the end of the session, he'd convince them to hang at his place. worked like a charm.

she began to wonder if that was how he got her mom pregnant in the first place?

as thoughts of her mom began to cloud her mind. she had a rather tough time focusing on the homework before her.

"dammit. i don't know what to do." she swore under her breath, shutting the binder.

egon had left an hour ago, while ray she had no clue where he was.

egon and ray were big into the supernatural. ghosts, particularly. while, her dad was a total skeptic and went along for the ride just for the hell of it.

"i'm getting a little tired of this!" snapped the boy from inside.

tara shut her eyes, shaking her head.

"dad needs to knock it off." she mumbled.

she grabbed her backpack from the floor, slipping her binder inside. she set it back down as she stood up. she made her way over to the door ready to put a stop to her dad's childish actions.

"you volunteered, didn't you? we're paying you, aren't we?" her father reminded him.

"yeah, but i didn't know you were giving me electric shocks." admitted the boy. "what are you trying to prove here anyway?!"

"i'm studying the effect of negative reinforcement on E.S.P. ability." her father briefly explained to the boy.

"the effect? i'll tell you what the effect is, it's pissing me off!" the boy snapped.

tara winced, not expecting the boy's sudden outburst. she felt a little bad for him.

"well, then, maybe my theory is correct!" venkman snapped.

"you can keep the five bucks. i've had it." the boy grumbled.

tara moved out of the way just as the door to the office swung open.

she watched the boy storm off, mumbling curse words under his breath.

she moved back over to the door, listening in on her father's conversation to the girl.

"you may as well get used to that." he told her.

tara rolled her eyes, knowing where this conversation was leading to..