❖ CHAPTER 3

❙

.     the next day rolled by fast. tara was the last to wake up, having a hard time sleeping due to the nightmare she had. it had only made her more exhausted than she was.      .

"tara, get up." she could hear her father say.

she turned onto her side, hoping he'd get the hint and go away.

but knowing him...

"tara, come on." he pleaded. he then sighed. "i didn't want to have to do this.." he said in a sing-song voice.

as soon as he said that, he plopped himself onto her making it hard for her to breathe.

"dad?! what the hell!" she yelled.

"you asked for it." he stated.

"no, i didn't! get off me." she ordered, trying her best to wriggle free.

peter laid down, having his head hanging off the bed.

"no, i'll stay here. maybe take a nap, who knows what i'll do here." he decided.

"egon! ra-!" peter clamped his hand over her mouth. "nope. nobody can hear you no-" he let out a pained yell when tara bit his hand, which had also caused him to fall off her bed.

she jumped out quickly, running to wherever egon was aka safety.

*

"are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?"

"do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?"

"have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter, or ghost?"

"if the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. pick up your phone and call the professionals."

"ghostbusters!"

"our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day, to serve all your supernatural elimination needs."

"we're ready to believe you!"

"cut!" the director yelled.

ray turned to tara the second the camera was off.

"so, what did you think?" he asked her.

"freakin' corny." tara answered him.

"do you think people will take it seriously?" he pondered.

"not everyone. unless, they get a firsthand experience at what we saw." tara shrugged.

the boys went off to the side, to converse with one another.

as tara stood off to the side, watching them with a smile. she all of a sudden felt lightheaded. her smile faltered, when she also felt something trickle down her nose.