❖ CHAPTER 5

❙

. hours later, tara looked out her window having trouble falling back asleep.

what caught her attention was a police van pulling up next to the firehouse.

"yep. that's it. i'm going downstairs." tara decided.

she took out her IV, sprung out of bed, and ran down the stairs.

little did she know, there had been blood dripping down from where the IV once was..

she wasn't really thinking. she was too curious about the police van to worry about anything else.

janine came from out of the garage to go and tell egon about the police.

"tara, honey? you are so stubborn." janine sighed as she passed by her.

"so, i've been told." she returned.

"egon. the police are here to drop somebody off." she informed him. "also, tara is out of bed again."

tara huffed.

"please don't take me back upstairs, please don't take me back upstairs." she prayed.

egon came out. he sent her a 'i'm not mad, just disappointed look.' that parents always give to their children.

he looked down at her bleeding hand, he sighed. he followed janine outside.

tara couldn't help but follow them to see who or what it was the police were dropping off.

"you a ghostbuster?" asked the police officer when egon stepped outside.

"yes." he confirmed.

"we picked up this guy." explained the cop. "now, we don't know what to do with him. bellevue doesn't want him." he continued. "i'm afraid to put him in lock-up and i know you guys are into this stuff, so i figured we'd check with you."

"alright." egon nodded.

they went over to the police truck to take a closer look at the man.

the man had brown hair, wore glasses, and had on a straight jacket.

tara and the man locked eyes.

immediately, tara felt nauseous and her body throbbed.

she backed away from the man, adverting her gaze to the ground.

"are you the gatekeeper?" he asked.

egon took out his PKE meter, examining him with it

tara breathed heavily, her heart felt like it was about to be ripped out of her chest any second now.

"you'd better bring him inside." egon instructed the police officers.

spengler turned away from the van, beginning to walk back to the front door. janine rested a hand on egon and complimented him on helping the man.