Chapter 7: Everyone Loves Beach Episodes

(POV: Charlotte)

I’ve noticed that many fun, goofy, romance TV shows or anime always have an awesome beach episode. Like “Ouran High School Host Club” that anime about that poor girl who transfers to a rich kid school and meets a host club. That show has a beach and a pool episode. Then there’s “Azumanga Daioh”, which follows 6 school girls in their high school years, which also has 3 beach episodes.

Everyone loves the beach episodes. Well not everyone of course. But the majority do. I sure love them. Yeah I’m a little biased about them because I’m already a huge swimmer, so that makes me automatically entitled to love beach episodes. But they really are great.

You can also imagine that I love “Free! Eternal Summer” Because it’s all about the swimming… and pretty boys, but that’s beside the point.

Right now, I am going to the beach with Keys! And I get to swim! I don’t think this day could get any better!

I pack my bag quickly, grabbing my white flowery bikini to wear under my wetsuit. I know my bikini wouldn’t be seen much, but I normally ended off the summer with only one or two left, and the other one… was too revealing. I got my wetsuit and a pair of goggles, though I didn’t think I would need them. It was sunny, so I got some sunscreen to be safe. I had been inside so much since the accident, that I lost a lot of my summer tan. If I was out in the sun unprotected for too long, I would definitely burn. I packed my sunglasses, and made sure I had my portable heart monitor with me.

I walked out of my room, trying to hide the bounce in my tep. I couldn’t help it, I was so excited.

“It’s not so often we let patients go swimming when they are in your condition, consider yourself lucky,” I heard Dr. Frost’s voice, so I stopped and turned around. He smiled at me.

“Alright. Thank you so much Dr. Frost,” I nodded.

“Be careful, and have fun,” he stated, waving. He then turned and walked away.

I walked to the front doors, where Keys was waiting for me. He was checking his

phone, and when he saw me he looked up and smiled.

“You ready?” Keys asked.

“Ready when you are,” I smiled.

“Then let’s go!” He laughed, and we walked outside. We walked into the parking lot, until we reached his car. It was a truck, and damn was it a beauty. It was a blue, 2013 Nissan Frontier

A sudden fear tightened in my chest, as I slowly realized this would be my first time in a car since the accident.

I stopped when I reached it, and shivered a little.

Keys noticed, and put his hand on my shoulder. He must have realized that I was scared. “It’s alright,” he stated, comforting me. “Nothing is going to happen.”

I nodded. “I’m okay,” I tried to assure him after a few minutes.

He hesitated, but nodded, opening the passenger door for me.

I climbed in, and he closed the door as I buckled in my seatbelt, and he walked over  to the other side.

He got into the truck and turned the engine on and buckled himself in. “You excited?” he smiled at me.

“You kidding me? I am so excited. it’s been so long since I have gotten to swim!” I exclaimed as he pulled out of his spot and worked his way out of the parking lot.