Epilogue

Epilogue

(POV: Charlotte)

I never really believed in fairy tales, you know. But I guess I can call the story of me and Keyon a real fairytale.

It’s been quite some time since I’ve been in the hospital, 3 years in fact. So I guess I should start us off by playing a game of “Where are They Now?”

Well Madison and Sawyer, you remember them? My best friends. Yep. They got together a few months ago and are such a cute couple. It really surprised me. It’s almost like a love/hate relationship. I have a feeling though that they will last.

Samson, oh my gosh Samson. He is probably the most accomplished out of everyone. He left the pediatric ward, shortly before I left the hospital. He got a bone marrow transplant, when his brother came home from Iraq. He currently is attending college, and is actually in Pre-Med. He decided to become a doctor, which is so awesome. In his free time, he and Reese work with a charity for kids in the hospital. And he and Reese are still dating. They are the cutest gay couple I have ever met.

As for Keys. He still works as a doctor at the hospital. He originally was just going to complete his internship there and he was thinking of going to a bigger hospital, deeper on the island, for his residency but he loved it so much there so he decided to stay there. He still works under Dr. Frost but with Dr. Frost getting older, and wanting to spend more time with his kids, he has been looking on giving his job as head of pediatrics to someone. And that someone might be Keys.

He lives in a small apartment right now, which he shares with me. Yep, Keys and I are still dating. We had a couple on and offs, but a lot does happen in 3 years.

I finished up my high school year at the school and then decided to go off the a community college in Kauai. The closest one though was rather far though. It’s about 2 hours away so instead of waking up early to go over there each day. I rented a studio by the college and stayed there during the week and on the weekend I would either be there or go back to Princeville and stay with Keyon.

So it was not really a long distance relationship but Keyon and I hardly saw each other during the week, and he still had work on the weekends, so things could get a little tense between us.

After finishing community college, I decided to take some online classes, because I  got a chance to be in the olympics.

For this past year I have been taking online college courses in order to become a Video Game Designer. I have also done a few in Fashion Design. Meanwhile I have been doing some intense training for the upcoming Summer olympics, and Keyon’s been supporting me the whole way.

I live with him all the time now, in the apartment, and while we still don’t see eachother a lot during the day it’s nice being able to see him in the morning when we wake up.

I love that guy, I truly do. He’s taught me how to surf and I’ve gotten a lot better since then. He is there for me to hold me when I’m sad, to support me when I have some crazy idea.

And I am there for him. When his job is getting him down, or he just feels lonely, I am there for him.

I love him.

And you know, after all that time, Coach Brendan was wrong. You can get back up after a bad flipturn.

No, I may not have come in first. I may have come in last. But I still touched the wall, I still finished the race.

And it was all thanks to that boy who swam beside me.

FIN

A/N: Oh gosh. I can't believe it's done! It's truly done! 

The truth is, it's been about 4 years since I have completed a multichapter story. I have started them, but never completed them. I am really proud of myself on this.

I want to thank the ones who have read this story through and through, even if you don't comment or anything. I just want to thank you. For a long time, it seemed lke my work was overlooked whenever I posted it on different sites. My jaw hit the floor this morning when I was that over 300 people have read this. Thank you guys so much, and I hope you enjoyed.

As for a sequel, I am really unsure if there will be one. This story concluded itself. Charlotte is better, she and Keyon can date legally now, and they are. These characters have found there way. I don't think I will write a sequel, and if I do, it means I found a whole different idea to ruin Charlotte's life even more. Have her heart suddenly start rejecting her? Idk. I don't think so. 

I may write some romance one-shots of these two though, since I love writing romance. 

Also, while it's still in the very early stages of developement. I have a new multichapter story idea in mind. Keep on the look out when I post messages to my followers to see when I post something up about it. 

I feel like i finished these last few chapters fast. I mean I did. I think it was because I am going to be busy the rest of this spring break, and I have a lot of other senior year antics to do..

Well anyways, I hope yall enjoyed Keep Beating. And remember, no matter what happens, just keep swimming.