Chapter Five: Sokovia

Our team was about to head to Sokovia when Thor flew down to the Avengers tower.

          "I like what you did to it," he said and shook Iron Man's hand.

          "Thor!" I greeted and hugged him, "You made it just in time!"

          "Ah!" he laughed and embraced me, "Schnee, you look ravishing."

          He kissed my cheek and Captain America shook his hand, "Thor. We might have found the scepter. We're about to go on our mission. Care to join?"

          "Of course," he said and turned back to me while tossing his hammer up to catch, "but, tell me, Schnee, did Loki have some affect on you?"

          I thought back to Loki and pulled up my red mask to cover my blush, "I don't know what you're talking about."

          "Oh? You really must come to Asgard." he suggested playfully and walked with me into the Quinjet.

          "Can I? I'm actually quite curious," I asked and got my Remington 887 for the mission.

          "I'm sure you would fit right in," he complimented and handed me my tactical vest with my magazines in it.

          "Thank you," I said sweetly as the rest of the team joined us.

          "We'll have some cargo waiting for us," Iron Man said over the comms.

           I looked around, "No War Machine this time?"

          "Rhodes is doing political work," Agent Hill said as she stayed behind with Dr. Cho.

          "No Sam?" Black Widow asked Captain America.

          "Falcon had other work," he replied and glanced at me.

          "You shoot?" Hawkeye asked and signed a bit.

          I pulled down my mask, knowing he was deaf from a previous mission, and signed while I spoke, "A little. Only guns. You teach me?"

          He smiled in appreciation and signed while talking, "I can."

          I signed thank you and pulled up my mask. I was catching up on some languages and I was excited to learn Sign Language. My hair had grown out to my hips and it was in a long braid. I kept my bangs and made sure I had my knives on me with my four Colt 1911s and I had new ammo this time. In the red magazines were rounds similar to Dragon's Breath. My Remington was able to attach to my back without straps thanks to Tony's new technology. Steve's shield can also automatically return to him as well. When we were all ready, Iron Man flew to Sokovia ahead of our Quinjet to scope the base.

          In Sokovia, we went through the woods surrounding the base. We had motorcycles and Black Widow hijacked one of the HYDRA jeeps with Hawkeye. It was very similar to World War II with similar tech and mission.

          "Feels like the good old days," I said over comms while revving my motorcycle.

          "Too much like the good old days," Captain America responded.

          Iron Man got a visual of the base and I heard him over comms with the explosions in the distance, "Shit!"

          "Language!" Captain America yelled.

          I snorted and threw my motorcycle at an oncoming enemy jeep. I drew my Colts and continued on foot. When I cleared the base of a tower, Thor grabbed me by my waist and flew me up to the station on the tower. He gave me a cute salute before flying off. The soldiers up here were knocked out and I took their sniper rifle. Scoping out the base, we lost the element of surprise.

          "They're sending out tanks. No more surprise or cover. They have some bunkers by you Black Widow. Cap, you have jeeps heading your way. Thor, can you clear the other towers? I see six. Jarvis, how does the base look? The city is taking fire. Strucker won't care about civilian casualties," I asked over comms while scoping the perimeter further.

          "There's an energy barrier protecting the base," he said.

          "Is no one going to address that Cap said 'language'? Send the Iron Legion to the city." Iron Man asked.

          "He's doing PSA work," I snorted.

          "It just slipped out," Cap argued.

          At the entrance of the base, something wicked fast shot out of it.

          "Uh, guys?" I asked over comms, "Something was sent from the base. I couldn't even keep my eyes on it. I-ummph!"

          Something knocked me in my gut and I was about to fall over the edge of the tower if someone didn't grab me. I was arched back and holding my gut while my other arm was over the shoulders of a young man. His hair was almost silver, and his eyes were blue like ice. His arms were around my lower back and upper back. We were both panting and he picked me up to sit me down at the base of the tower. Then, in a blink, he was gone. I grunted and stood up to lean against the tower. How the hell did he get me down so fast?

          "Schnee! What happened?" Cap asked frantically.

          "We, oof that hurt, we have an Enhancement in the field. He's fast and strong," I groaned and ran towards the base.

          Over the remaining fight, I heard Hulk roaring in the distance. Hawkeye and Cap both had an interaction with the Enhancement but Hawkeye got hit. Black Widow went to his aid and Hulk destroyed the bunker responsible. Iron Man and Jarvis took down the shield protecting the base. Thor was going to get Hawkeye to the jet and Cap and I went to the base to get the scepter with Iron Man. Black Widow was able to revert Hulk to Dr. Banner and she went to do that now. Cap and I ran through the base and saw the HYDRA soldiers that were already taken down by Iron Man. While Cap took care of the soldier in front of him, I leap frogged over him and landed in front of Baron Strucker.

          "Baron!" I said happily, "Sorry for barging in uninvited."

          He chuckled, "You are quite lovely. I'm still with SHIELD."

          Cap was guarding the door and didn't look at us, "Then you're unemployed."

          I circled him and kept him between Cap and I, "Where's Loki's scepter? We know about the illegal human experimentation. How many? Guh!!"

          I was knocked down a flight of stairs and Cap knocked out Baron Strucker with his shield, "Second Enhancement on the field!"

          I groaned and got up, "Female. Do not engage."

          "I have Strucker," Cap announced and picked him up over his shoulder.

          "I have something bigger," Iron Man said over comms.

          I ran down the secret door and found Iron Man with the scepter. In the corner of my eye, I saw the young man from earlier. I took my hand off my gun and lazily held my hands behind my head. He smirked at me and left with the female that struck me earlier.

          "Ready to go?" I asked Iron Man.

          He jumped, "Christ, Schnee. Don't sneak up on people like that."

          "Give me a lift back to the Quinjet," I snorted and started to leave ahead of him.

          He got into his suit and let me hold the scepter while he flew me to the Quinjet. We were the last to arrive and Black Widow flew us quickly back to the Avengers tower. I aided Hawkeye where I could and Thor was happy to have the scepter at long last. Jarvis took the wheel and I let Nat take care of Clint now that the mission was done.