It's the holiday season

T'was the month of December and the snow is starting to fall in the mythical and mystical world of the Boiling Isles. "Looks like it's that time of the year." A teen girl with brown hair, brown eyes wearing her hooded kitty cat shirt watched the snow falling from window alongside a little demon named King. "I get what you mean, Luz."
"Christmas,"
"Yulemas,"
"is coming!" The two stared at each other questionably with wide eyes blinking owlishly to one another hearing what the other thought they just said. "King, I think you mean Christmas." Says Luz. The little demon shakes his head. "No, I'm certain I meant Yulemas, that time of the year where stacks and I mean of presents are just waiting to be opened and then there's the burning the Yulemas tree the day after." He tells the human girl who grew surprised at the tree burning part.

"That's right, kid, it's a Yulemas tradition as old as the Boiling Isles. On the day after, we burn the tree in a big bonfire to signify the passing of the old year and welcoming the new by carrying a handful of the tree's already burnt ashes to any cliffside of the Boiling Isles and let the winter winds carry them away." Said Eda the Owl Lady walking downstairs looking like she had just woken up from her slumber and makes her way to the kitchen to get a cup of apple blood. "Much like your Christmas, we have some Yulemas traditons that are a bit like your Christmas traditions like burning a Yule log on the Winter Solstice, and writing letters to Santa Claus." She said taking a swig of apple blood from a mug that says 30 and Flirty. "Yeah but we don't do Christmas tree burning the day after. We sometimes keep it up until January and then either burn it or turn it into garden mulch." Said Luz turning away from the frost lined window where King was watching the snow.

"Someone's got to teach you some Yulemas traditions and luckily I'll share some Lilith and I grew up with." Eda tells her apprentice who looks ready to learn about the holiday and also looking to share her own Christmas traditions. "Look sharp, kid we'll be getting our Yulemas tree tomorrow and we'll show you how we pick the perfect one and I know just where to find it!"