Oh Yulemas tree

After meeting Amity, Luz goes to visit Willow and Gus and they find the two witches out in a backyard garden layered in powdery snow. Willow, looking bundled up was with Gus who seemed to be almost hidden in layers of warm clothing. "Blessed Yulemas, Luz." Greeted Willow who was crouched down before a growing Yulemas tree sapling. "Hi, Luz, Merry Yulemas." Gus pulls down one of the scarves wrapped around him. "Tiny tree sapling." The human girl said seeing the little tree planted in the snowy ground. "My dads picked it out at the tree lot. You know the about the tree burning tradition," Luz nods remembering what Eda had told her about 5 days ago. "I never liked that tradition growing up with burning the Yulemas tree the day after and taking the ashes to a cliff."
The bespectaled witch girl confesses. "I was just a little witchling and when I saw one of my dads take our Yulemas tree outside to pile of other trees with the biggest spell circle at the ready to cast into massive bonfire. I did not like that at all and I grabbed the tree by the trunk and tried to get him to stop."

"Aww," Luz could picture in her mind's eye, little baby Willow trying to take the tree back. "My dads didn't understand what was going on and tried to comfort me explaining that it is an important Yulemas tradition to represent the passing of the old year and welcome the new one in."

A very young possibly 4 year old Willow Park was holding on to the trunk of the Yulemas tree her dads were carrying out for the bonfire for the tree burning and tries to stop them. They did not understand why she does not want to take part of this tradition and try to explain the importance of the Yulemas tree burning but that seemed to set her off as she started to bawl refusing to let go of the tree clinging to its trunk begging her dads to not burn it. They try to console her and stop her crying. "There there, Willow it's okay, we won't burn the Yulemas tree. Please don't be upset sweetheart." After having dried her tears before they froze to her little reddened face, they planted the tree in the backyard garden.

"And to this very day, the tree still stands and we have the saplings from our tree and just got this one from the lot. My dads and I are about to start decorating the tree and they're looking for some extra helping hands." She said rubbing the back of her head staring towards a very tall Yulemas tree that has got to be 9 feet tall. "I already said yes and got an idea of how to decorate it!" Proclaimed Gus casting a light blue spell circle next to a tree in a puff of light blue smoke, it shows the outdoor tree decorated with shining baubles, ornaments and strings of twinkling crystals until it disappears again with the same spell circle casted. "I don't think we have anything too fancy in our tree decorations." Willow tells the witch boy.

"I'm sure that what you have is good to do outdoor decorating." Luz said optimistically.

Having been right, Willow's dads puts all 3 of them to work on decorating the outdoor Yulemas tree with their decorations of cute ornaments and strings of crystals ranging from yellows, to greens, red and translucent white. Seeing the smaller saplings, Willow uses her plant magic creating a spell circle around the sapling making it grow not as tall as the other tree that was being decorated it was half the height of the other one and she creates another spell circle making the medium sized Yulemas tree naturally decorated with star-shaped flowers of white and red with soft yet plump pale yellow and bright red berries in a natural garland. "As you can see, outdoor Yulemas tree decorating is my family Yulemas tradition."

Speaking of traditions, Luz was sure to tell and share with Gus some of her human Christmas traditions that is if Willow would like to hear of some.

After having gotten done, the three friends were ushered inside with warm drinks waiting for them and Luz begins to eagerly tell them about her traditions while Gus and Willow decide to share more of their own Yulemas traditions with her.