quarante-trois

jimin rested his head on the pillow still debating on weather or not he should check up on jin. the male hadn't texted him back in the past few days and he was beginning to worry. that was not like him at all, to just avoid messages. seokjin always texted back, weather the message be a few hours late or a few seconds; he always texted back. so the no reading and no texting back after the surplus of messages he sent was really worrying him.

he couldn't text namjoon either since he didn't have his number. he sighed before getting up and grabbing his keys. he needed to at least make sure jin was okay. he checked the time before leaving to make sure jin was at least back home after his work shift. the clock flashed "20:38" making him nod softly before leaving the house. he hurriedly ran down the steps and to his car. seokjin's apartment was close to his so the drive wasn't long at all.

he parked next to jin's car in the free parking space and hopped out of the car. he ran up the steps and towards jin's door. he looked through the window and saw the light still on, he couldn't really see through given that the blinds were closed but he could make out the shadowy figure walking through the living room getting ready to sit down. he knocked softly and waited for a response.

there was no response.

he knocked again before watching as the light cut out. he sighed before knocking once more.

"jin i know you're in there, please open the door, you're worrying me." jimin said loud enough so it could be heard through the thick wooden door. the door still stayed close.

"jin, im not leaving until you open this door, you're really starting to worry me." jimin said again while knocking at the door. he was not willing to leave jin at the moment, he knew something was wrong, jin never acted like this. to his luck, the door swung open and revealed a pajama wearing jin with a huge hoodie on that covered half his face.

"jin, are you okay?" jimin asked, looking at the male weirdly; watching as jin kept his head turned and covered at an odd angle.

"yeah i'm fine, i just haven't been feeling the best lately." seokjin replied still trying to hide the bruise on his face.
"may i come in at least?" jimin asked, noticing how tense the older man became. he tilted his head in confusion watching as seokjin hesitantly opened the door for him.

jimin walked in, took off his shoes, and made his way to the couch. he noticed how off the male was acting, still keeping his head turnt in that odd way, as if he was hiding something on his face. that had to be the case, while yes it was the middle of autumn now so wearing oversized hoodies were expected but seokjin had the heat blasting in the apartment and frankly, jimin had to rid himself of his jacket just so he won't start sweating.

"aren't you hot, hyung? why don't you take your jacket off?" jimin asked curiously, watching as the male shook his head no. he eyed the side of his face that jin seemed so hell bent on covering, he couldn't really see anything but did notice one side of his face seemed bigger than usual. seokjin sat next to him, keeping his head straight and that one side of his face covered.

jimin tried to brush off the awkwardness with a conversation but jin only gave one word answers to anything he asked. seokjin stood while asking the younger if he wanted something to eat which jimin happily said yes to. as the older walked away he finally got a glimpse of what seokjin was hiding.

on top of the bigger face, which he knows now it was swollen, was harsh purples and yellows burned into his cheek. his eyes widened in shock at the dark nasty bruise on his face, now he knows why seokjin wanted to hide it. it wasn't the most pleasing thing to look at. jimin stood slowly and walked to the kitchen, jin, still trying to hide his face not knowing jimin had already saw, looked at the younger with a questioning glint in his eyes.