Control

Summary:

We learn what happened the night Jasper was tortured, and how Jack died! We also explore some corrupt cops! We learn a bit about what Jasper and Spencer have been getting up to the last two months of working together.

Notes:

CW: Torture, talks of torture
CW: Mentions of drug use
CW: Murder/Body mutilation
CW: Death, terror

- Smurph ❤

Dallas, Eleven Years Ago

"Let's get started, shall we?" Eli began, watching her intently as she hung from her wrists by a piece of wire. They were already cutting off her circulation, but Jasper couldn't move to pull herself up for relief. "I'm sure you remember this lovely concoction from your training, though it has been some time since we've had a little one-on-one, Sugar."

Jasper couldn't speak, she couldn't do anything but stare at the man who was going to kill her. Pancuronium Bromide was a muscle relaxant she was all too familiar with. It would keep her awake, alert, and she would feel the full pain of whatever torture Eli was going to inflict on her without being able to move.

Eli gazed at her, and had she not known him as well as she did, she would call it a look of grief. He reached out and smoothed her hair down before cupping her chin in his hand.

"I didn't want it to come to this, pet. But we both know that you can't be trusted anymore. You're no longer of any use to me, but we'll have some fun before I send you off into that long sleep."

He turned from her and went to a table behind him. The dank room, full of pipes without windows, was in a basement of some decrepit warehouse in Dallas. By the looks of the used needles and burnt spoons littering the floor, she knew it must be some drug den. Eli must have been using since his escape from prison. His normally robust and strong figure had been wasted away to skin and bones, his face sallow and tired.

"I've never been much of a fan of blades or guns. As you remember from your training, the best way to earn the carrot is with the stick," he sighed, flipping through the glittering blades on the wood surface, fingers lingering over the pristine handle of a new Louisville Slugger. The lone gun he used for protection sat on the corner, if she could only move to get it, she'd put a bullet in his head without hesitation.

Jasper had wanted to kill Eli when Jack and her arrested him a few years ago. They had learned of his dealing of opium through Afghanistan, and though he had taught them to kill and hide, he was causing too much pain throughout the world by dealing in heroin and making millions with his connections.

Jasper hated drugs, refusing to believe it was the only side business Eli was conducting, but for her his selling of opium was enough to kill him. Despite all that he had done to her and Jack, as well as the other recruits of the Church, the fucked up part of Jasper's brain had drawn the line at heroin. She had watched opioids destroy her mother, turning a soft and gentle woman into the kind of person who would abandon her only daughter to her abusive husband, though she was sure her father had always been a monster, even without the meth and bourbon.